Hello everyone! This is my entry to the ZapFic Monday story challenge that requires participants to tell a complete story in just 240 characters. Is it simple? Why not give this challenge a try?
You can participate by clicking here. The prompt for this week's challenge is "shelter".
Rules Of The Challenge
- Story must be exactly 240 characters
- Story must be posted to the Freewrite community
- Drop a link to your entry in the comment section of the challenge post
- Use tags #freewritehouse and #zapfic.
- Attach a screenshot of your word count in your post.
Here is my short story. I hope you enjoy reading it.
The rain was relentless. I sought shelter beside a coffee shop, shivering from the cold.
Since mama died, my dad cared nothing for me. I felt so alone. Time to find my path. Will he miss me?
"Hey, come in for some hot tea," a waitress said.