Dear chess fans!
the 4th round of S13 is played this Friday, 23th Sep., 19h GMT, as usual.
The current standings after three rounds you can find here.
Beware, we will play this time without any increment! Manage your time well in order to not get flagged in a winning position (because this is so annoying 😄)!
Mode: 5+0 (5 minutes per game, no increment!), 70 min. arena mode with no streaks.
Tournament Link: https://lichess.org/tournament/pMvRCDey
The price pool contains already app. 294 Hive plus 506 LEO (together currently app. 177$)!
- Players of all skill levels are welcome, from newbies to experts, you just need a free Lichess-account and join our team in Lichess here!
- The season goes over 10 rounds, every Friday is one round.
- Time mode is varying (5+0, 3+2, 2+1,...) and sometimes berserking is not allowed.
- The winner of each round gets the number of points equaling the number of players in that round, the second ranked one point less and so forth until the one on the bottom of the table who gets one point. In order to be counted, at least 3 games must have been played.
- Occasionally a round may be divided into 2 skill classes.
- In case two players have the same number of points, the one who played less rounds is first. If that is equal too, then the average tournament performance decides.
- The worst result from the season in terms of points achieved will not be counted.
- PAYOUT: The tournament points are summed up. 70% of all Hivechess-related post rewards go to the price pool (PP). The tournament winner will get 50 Hive as bonus, the runner-up 25, the third 10 and the rest of the PP (minus 30) is divided among all players equally (40%) and according to the number of tournament points achieved (60%). 40% participation is required in order to qualify for the prices.
- There will be special prices of 10 Hive plus 50 LEO each for the highest performance in relation to the own rating (counted by averaging the rating after the first and the last round) and for the most rating points gained during the tournament (counted from after first to last participation). If a player would qualify for both prices, he still gets 10 Hive /50 LEO only and the second placed of each score gets 5/25.
- There will be a special price of 1 Hive plus 5 LEO in each round for the game won with the biggest upset in rating difference.
- If I don´t know your Hive username, you won´t be considered for prices, so please let me know your Hive name in the comments! Group or badge accounts can participate but are not qualified for prices! Only individuals can get prices.
Please share this announcement among your (chess) friends and colleagues!
The more participate, the more fun! And maybe some are even interested to join Hive and it´s Chess Community?
See you on Friday and good luck to all!
Potentially of interest to:
@aakrist @abimbola753 @agreste @ajumaa @alberto0607 @alexmag1988 @almightymelon @alpha @ambarvegas @amirl @anadello @andzhi @anli @anomadsoul @apy @arsenal49 @artistparthoroy @astrolabio @b0s @bechibenner @behiver @beyondhorizonmm @bitsignal @burnoutawesome @camiloferrua @cerati @chessbrotherspro @chesthetica @clixmoney @cocacolaron @cryptoniusraptor @cryptoph0823 @darruiz @diegofitness92 @digitalis @ebingo @eliaschess333 @elprofe62 @emeka4 @eniolw @eenriquerivas @evgsk @fairy-of-comfort @fcastro177 @fiona777 @flaws @foxconnmars @franciscomarval @franu @gabotask @giacomone @gingerbyna @grafo07 @heimindanger @herz-ass @hierro21 @hirohurl @hivetrader @iammanythings1 @ibizaki @iceblue @iobates @jaki01 @jesusmgl1995 @jkms @johannfrare @josesmoke @juanmi96 @kintokris @kreur @levitant @lighteye @lofone @lucianosky @maciejficek @maestroask @marcusantoniu26 @masterswatch @maverieux000 @meedo @mrsarri @mstafford @mypathtofire @nftland1989 @orlanzavala @oshiokhenhoya @pamboy27 @parung76 @perpz @petreius
@philipp87 @pokerarema @pravesh0 @primersion @ptmaker @rafaelaquino @renerondon @rexplanet @rheda @rodrook @ropavejero @rosmarly @salomijale @samostically @sawko @schamangerbert @schnitte @soluce07 @solymi @spacetoon @steamloled @stranger27 @syndmitrij @the01crow @thedoc07 @therealflaws @timofey @tony1294 @tungphong @uliseshb @vaipraonde @vasigo @victorbch2 @vjap55 @walner @wegflexor @xoflox @yazp @zacherybinx
(just let me know if you don´t want to get the mentions)
What do you think about the shortest game on GM level of all time? The "Queens Gambit Resigned"?
Some background: Both Magnus and Hans Niemann were supposed to play this Monday in a rapid tournament as part of the Champions Chess Tour 2022, the Julius Baer Generation Cup. But Magnus shockingly resigned after having played just one move (link to the game). I think this is very unsportsmanlike, and - without giving any explanation - an unworthy bahavior, especially for a world champion. Others say, he might have a reason for it. The drama continues...
What is your take?