I feel like the previous topic just came to me out of the blue and I appreciate that everyone went with me on a journey for our previous contest. I took some liberty and told a creative story and asked you to interact with it. I hope that you enjoyed picking one movie to watch over and over on a deserted island.
I have to say I was surprised that so many people wanted to watch a movie about being stranded on a deserted island (Castaway, Lord of the Flies, Robinson Crusoe etc.) while it could be a help to know how to survive I would think that you would want an escape from the situation and not something that reminds you of your predicament. But what do I know?
Let's get to the winners!
In our first place entry by @andr3apat1no with her entry here:
Harry Potter is a great choice. It would be hard to not see the next episodes but it is an entertaining choice. Thank you for sticking to the one movie criteria and giving good explanation as to why this would be a great choice to watch over and over.
This would not be my first choice of movie but I absolutely loved your interaction with the story and connecting it to Castaway. This type of writing is exactly what I am looking for as a tip to everyone. You were amazingly creative and had fun with it. Thank you!
In our third place entry by @danokoroafor with her entry about a great movie choice, "The Shawshank Redemption" here: @danokoroafor/cinetv-contest-how-the-shawshank-redemption-can-help-me-survive-in-the-deserted-island
I chose this entry because I loved this choice of movie! I think this would be a great movie to have to watch over and over again. An awesome story of hope even in a horrible situation. Thank you for your entry.
225 CINE COINS and 100 Ecency Points will be transferred to the winners.
Now if anyone disagrees with our choices then please tag us in a comment on this post!
And let's move on to the new contest!
A Movie That Represents Hard Work
Write about A Movie That Represents Hard Work.
In paradoxical fashion, we in the United States celebrate all of the hard working men and women in the workforce on Labor Day by taking a Monday off. It's nice to have a day off but it got me thinking about all of the people that have really difficult jobs that work hard everyday. That leads us into our next contest...
Write about a movie that represents hard work. This can mean a lot of different things to different people but please give me your own creative interpretation of why the movie you chose represents hard work. Please do not just give me a bland review. Make it personal, relatable, interesting, creative and connect with the theme. Please check out the list of rules and suggestions below or feel free to ask me in the Discord channel if you have any questions (caulderfreeman). Enjoy this week's contest and good luck!
Winners and prizes
This contest will have 3 winners and 225 CINE in prizes. They will be distributed as follows.
1ST Place — 100 CINE AND 100 ECENCY POINTS!
2ND Place — 75 CINE AND 100 ECENCY POINTS
3RD Place — 50 CINE AND 100 ECENCY POINTS
- Publish your entry from our frontend https://cinetv.blog or post to cinetv community if you prefer peakd, ecency or hive.blog
- The entries should be written in English for evaluation purposes (You can translate from your mother tongue if you want to.)
- The post title should include CineTV Contest:. For example, CineTV Contest: Your Title Here.
- Use #cinetvcontest among your tags.
- Include a link to this post somewhere in your entry. So your friends can find this easily.
- Put down a comment with the link of your entry on this post below.
- Only one entry per person.
- The submission deadline is 13th September, 2022, 11:59 PM, UTC time.
Evaluation and Some Tips
- You can use these prompts as a helping hand (purely optional) but you're free to go however you want.
► What you loved or hated about it.
► How it influenced you (and/or people around you).
► What part of it did you find most interesting.
► Any scene that still pops into your mind.
► Performance of the actors/actress that left an impression.
► Why do you think it's significant and great (or not).
You're free to include multiple films in your entry.
- There's no need to be mechanical. Write with a free hand. We might overlook if you forget to do a step or two stated in the rules (except the first one).
- We'll evaluate the posts based on the writing quality, sincerity, and faithfulness to the spirit of the contest.
DO NOT PLAGIARZE, COPY AND PASTE, OR SPIN FROM OTHER SOURCES!!!! MAKE SURE ALL IMAGES ARE SOURCED!!!
Happy Writing then! Blog on!
The cover photo is edited in Canva.