Nogangseowon was built to commemorate the scholarship and virtue of Park Tae-bo(1654-1689), a scholar during the reign of King Sukjong of the Joseon Dynasty.
Nogangseowon was built in the 21st year of King Sukjong’s reign (1695) at the foot of the mountain to the west of the tomb of Suk-sin. Two years later, it was given the name ‘Nogang’ by appeal of Jo Yun-byeok and others, and it was rebuilt in the 30th year of King Yeongjo (1754). It was destroyed in the Korean War and restored in 1968 by moving it to the site of Suraksan Mountain.