Portfolio: £184,522.17
Yesterday was finally the day I've been waiting for – VET finally broke down the whale walls and pushed out! It reached $3.30 by the end of the night, finally breaking the $3 barrier. That wasn’t the story of the day though. In another day of crazy alt highs ITC ran up 123%! Just insane. What was equally satisfying was the fact that BTC didn’t rally last night as was predicted, which helped alts once more. I've never known a run of 48 hours with so many price rises. It really is crazy when you consider most projects are based on nothing but marketing and promises. This is where holding good coins comes in, to hedge against a crash. I have a lot of coins, but they are all as solid as projects can be in this space, so they should last the crash that is bound to happen at some point this year.
Alongside the passive income element of coins I’ve also been looking for more masternodes, but even the new ones are so bloody expensive (£40-50k +). I could technically afford them but I’d have to sell a great many positions. Perhaps when a few ICOs hit and I have it spare I can look into new ones. I’m glad I have my VET masternode though – that will be a good one.
Talking of ICOs I invested 3 ETH into GatCoin, a last minute prompt by the Telegram group. They seem very bullish on it, so we’ll see where that ends up. I also ordered an nVidia 1080 TI graphics card with some Bitcoin, the best card you can buy for mining, which will increase my hash rate by about 4x. I’m hoping to get my 1050 TI hooked in too. I’m off to London for a course next week and it will be great to come back and see what it’s been generating for me while I’ve been away.
All in all another startling day, and I simply can’t believe that I’m closing in on £200k and most of my projects are just getting into their stride. On one hand I have faith in the size of the ecosystem that it can’t possibly just crash and disappear, but then about 95% is either shitcoins or roadmaps, so it’s entirely plausible. If Enron and Lehmann Brothers can go under then there’s no reason this can’t, at least temporarily. I wouldn’t say I’ve pinned my financial hopes on this paying off, but I would find it hard to think of a future now where I didn’t have it. I’m considering waiting until the summer, and if things are still going up I might just pull everything out and wait to see what happens. Of course a lot can change in that time, but the idea of cashing out with a six figure sum is appealing for obvious reasons. I’d love to make the million, and that is still the goal, but prudence pays out.