HF24 is around the corner (October 6 at 14:00 UTC) and I am now running v1.24.2 on my witness. The core developers made an amazing work that I believe will be a stepping stone for building the great things to come.
I think a HF is also a good time to reflect on the work of witnesses and I ll take some time in the coming weeks to reevaluate my votes.
As for myself, here is my long overdue witness update :
As shown here, my witness is currently ranked 21st with 3,320 votes worth 98.2 GVests.
I have only missed 106 blocks in nearly 3 years and have scripts in place to make sure my witness is disabling itself after missing one in both main and backup servers.
Major contributions to Hive
I am a developer so I guess most of you know me for some of the following:
- Lead developer of Hive Keychain. Keychain is in my opinion instrumental to the growth of dApps on our blockchain and is now the project I'm working on as a priority. Thanks to the DHF support, I am now developing both the extension and a mobile App. Both are opensource and available on Github.
- I publish a development update every week regarding the progress made on Keychain (both for extension and Apps)
- I have automated @hbdpotato HBD conversions, learn more in this post.
- I plan to release a React library to make it easier to create modern front-ends on Hive.
- I wrote a comprehensive guide about how to use Multisig.
- I have proposed guidelines for funding development through DHF here and am abiding to these guidelines in my work on Keychain.
- I have proposed the idea of a fund to represent HIVE at major blockchain events around the world here. I even prepared a proposal for this but I'm saving it for later due to Covid-19 and related travel bans.
- I have hosted an Elevator Pitch Contest to try and find better ways to pitch Hive in a short time.