I will hold a week-long Math contest for April 2021, starting on April 23 (Friday) at 03:00 P.M. (UTC +8), and will end after the 7th day problem has been concluded.
In this contest, all the Math problems to be posted will be about geometry! 📏📐😁
The Math geometry problems would normally be answerable by a competent high school student. 🤓 The geometry problems would be posted with the "spirit" of D.Buzz, where I would post the problems within the 280-character limit and without using images to circumvent that limit. 😅
The rules of this April 2021 contest are similar to those on the March 2021 contest, with only minor differences in the days involved. 🧐 Another 7 HIVE total will be given away for the winners of this contest! 💰
- Participant must have posted or commented at least once on the D.Buzz community 24 hours before leaving his or her answer. The user may use any Hive front-end to publish on the D.Buzz community.
- I will publish a Math problem every 24 hours starting at 03:00 P.M. (GMT+8) on April 23, 2021 (Friday) for 7 days. I will use #PeakD's scheduled posts feature to ensure that the problem gets published on time. If no qualified participant submitted a correct answer, see #5. I will not be responsible for any participant waiting if the post scheduling function encounters a technical issue.
- Any interested and qualified participant must comment their answer on my post containing the Math problem. Posting the answer anywhere else will make it invalid. If a participant wants to change their answer, see #6.
- Participants are allowed to ask for help in solving the Math problem. Participants may tag other users to answer the problem (subject to Rule #1).
- This mini-contest for April 2021 will run for exactly 7 days. Whenever nobody submitted a valid and correct answer for a day, the prize of 1 HIVE for the day shall be distributed to the previous winners in proportion to how many times they won for the week. For example, if nobody correctly answered the problem for Day N, the day's prize of 1 HIVE shall be split into (N-1-X) equal parts corresponding to the previous N days (April 23 to 29), where X refers to the number of days from Day 1 to N when nobody answered correctly. Each part of 1 HIVE shall be distributed to the previous winners depending on how many times they won for the week. That said, if nobody won on Day N and all the previous days, the prize of N Hive will be carried over to the next day.
- The winner for the day shall be the first participant who submitted the correct answer. Editing the answer is allowed. If the participant has submitted more than one answer, only his or her latest answer will be valid.
- The answer does NOT need to be accompanied by its solution or explanation. However, showing the solution and its explanation might help in case the participant's answer appears different from the actual answer. Please take note that since the problems are all about geometry, the participant who wants to voluntarily show his or her solution might need to provide visuals. This also allows the participant to impress the audience (assuming their answer is correct)! 😆
- Answers must be in lowest term (if fractional) and have the appropriate units (when applicable) unless specified otherwise in the problem. Answers not following this shall be considered incorrect.
- The winner for any given day shall receive 1 HIVE directly to their Hive account. The reward will be sent soon after the 24-hour answering period for the correctly-answered problem has passed. If nobody won for the day, see #5.
- I will not tag any user on every Math problem I post, except supporters (such as @dbuzz). That is to help make sure that no participant gets an "unfair" reminder for my problems posted.
- I will not reply to any participant's comment with the answer until after the 24-hour answering period has passed. This is to avoid influencing the answers of any participant. I may still upvote any comment with the answer, regardless of whether the answer was correct or not.
- My decision as to what the correct answer is shall be final. Participants are nevertheless encouraged to prove that their answer is correct in case it is not accepted.
- Participants who are found to be cheating will automatically be disqualified. Cheating includes, but is not limited to, using of multiple accounts owned or controlled by the same person to submit different answers in an attempt to win the day's contest.
- I may change these rules anytime. It is recommended that you read these rules from time to time, especially if you are a participant in this mini-contest.
😁😎 Good luck to all participants, and enjoy! 😎😁
You might be interested in the links below regarding my previous hosted Math mini-contests! 👇
- Summary of the January 2021 Math mini-contest for D.Buzz
- Official rules for the February 2021 Math mini-contest for D.Buzz
- Summary of the February 2021 Math mini-contest for D.Buzz
- Official rules for the March 2021 week-long Math mini-contest for D.Buzz
- Summary of the March 2021 week-long Math mini-contest for D.Buzz
Official participants of the previous Math contests: @jfang003, @eturnerx (@eturnerx-dbuzz), @holovision, @ahmadmanga (@ahmadmangazap), @minus-pi, and @appukuttan66 🤓
Special mentions: @chrisrice, @jancharlest, and @mehmetfix 🤯