THEME: Abandoned building/place
This building used to be a luxury hotel called Des Galleries Hotel, built in 1930. Back in the 1920s, an Arabian named Shaykh Salih bin Abdat was angry because he was rejected to stay at des Indes Hotel, the most luxurious hotel in Batavia just because he was not an Europian. His son went angry too because of that rejection. So he built a brand new luxurious hotel right next to the hotel that rejected his father, and named it Des Galleries Hotel. (Talking about crazy rich!)
The ownership of this hotel has changed for several times, but then left abandoned until now. Meanwhile, the other modern buildings began to appear and the environment is more crowded and busier. Location: Harmoni, Jakarta.
RULES & HOW TO PLAY
For Show off Saturday we would like you to share a picture that relates to the theme.
- Choose a picture (it must be your own) that relates to this topic.
- Post a picture in the comments section
- Only one photo, per person, per post.
- No editing your guess - you have to commit!
- Submissions are due by: Monday, 21 Jun, 11am UTC
I will be giving HIVE TIPS to winners which will translate to PhotoGames points on the Leaderboard
- Game: "ShowOff Saturday"
4 Hive for each of my 4 favorite pictures.
PLAY MORE GAMES
Competitive or Not... You are welcome to play games at your leisure.
There are 4 more PhotoStars organizing games all week long
Visit "All active official PhotoGames Collection"
Other Important Posts
- History and the reboot of PhotoGames
- Season 3 announcement
- Scoring, winning and detailed FAQ
- @PeakD financial sponsorship and upgrades to C/PhotoGames