Hello fellow Hive citizens,
Welcome to the first "Introduce Your City (IYC)" contest.
We're very happy to host the first friendly competition in our new community and we're looking forward to each and every contribution from you.
The IYC contests will be held biweekly to begin with for you to ease into the topics.
The first contest has an easy topic. Let's have a look.
Topic Of The Week
Easy enough, right : )
The integral part is, it has to be in your town.
You can post as many pictures of as many different seating accommodations as you like.
It can be one picture and a funny or interesting story behind that picture.
Your creativity is the limit of what you can post with this topic.
Do you walk past a bench in a park every day and see different people rest on it? Snap a picture and tell us about it.
Or did you see a big boulder, which could be used as a resting place after a long walk? You know what to do.
Here are a few more examples, you could use as food for thought.
The possibilities are endless. And we want all of them.
Just describe your photo(s) with a few words and a short introduction, which city or town you live in, if you like. But that is not a rule. If don't want to share your location, that is totally fine.
Our goal with these contests and overall with the Introduce Your City (IYC) community is to connect our towns and regions and to forge a bond between Hive-Users. Article by article, we'll accomplish this goal together.
Rules Of Competition
- Post your article in the Introduce Your City Community / The community is listed as hive-137094.
- The title should indicate, that the article is an entry to the current contest.
- Place a comment with the link to your entry in the comment section of this post (and add a picture, if you like).
- Your posts should be in English or bilingual with English as one of the languages.
- We don't want to impose massive rules for you. This should be a fun and easy task, but it would be nice, if you can write a few words together with your photos.
- Please be fair and only post one article per person.
- It goes without saying, that all pictures and texts have to be your own.
- Payout of this post is the end of the contest.
In addition to the rules, we would be happy, if you:
- Invite a friend to join the contest and mention him.
- Reblog this article to get the word out.
- Engagement with other participants is highly encouraged.
We wish for you to have a lot of enjoyment on your adventure and to hopefully gain a new perspective on your city.
Perhaps you find places, streets or buildings, you never knew, or you didn't bother to take a second look at. Now is your chance.
Let your creativity run wild and have fun with finding your subjects and stories behind them.
We choose three winners out of all valid entries.
All three will get 1 Hive and 100 ecency points from our favourite Hive frontend @ecency.
Beyond our contests, we welcome every interesting article about your cities.
We really are looking forward to hearing many stories an seeing different places around the world from you.
If you have any suggestions or ideas to improve our common experience, feel free to tell us about it.
- 10.00 a.m. Pacific or UTC-8 (Los Angeles)
- 1.00 p.m. EST or UTC-5 (Eastern Standard Time - New York, Bogota, Lima)
- 6.00 p.m. UTC (Coordinated Universal Time - London)
- 7.00 p.m. CET or UTC+1 (Central European Time - Berlin/Paris)
- 9.00 p.m. MSK or UTC+3 (Moscow Time - Moskow, Baghdad)
- 2.00 a.m. CST or UTC+8 (China Standard Time; Nov. 26th - Beijing, Shanghau, Manila, Hongkong)