Ecency mobile app had another 2 updates, neat feature and few more improvements/fixes included.
We had 2 new update couple days apart from one another, v3.0.21 and now v3.0.22. v3.0.21 update was using new version of
dhive library that handles transaction signing and broadcasting on Ecency apps and for some reason, transaction id generation wasn't working properly. After a lot retries and digging up library parts, we found that
createHash function within nodejs's native
crypto library wasn't working on React Native. Native crypto library is one of the reasons why
dhive package works fast and the one we use on our Ecency website and mobile apps. Ultimately solution was create transaction id locally with
react-native-crypto and sign/broadcast locally as well. While this took few days of testing, it is totally worth it because we ended up setting up
rn-nodeify which will help us adding any cryptocurrency libraries without issues.
- Local transaction id generation migrated to React Native
- Youtube video player improved
- New update available window that notifies you about new version
- Hivesigner info link tapping crash fixed
- Fixed reward and points claiming
- External link opening improved
- Renderer updated
- Other minor bug fixed and improvements
If you are React Native developer, feel free to join and help developing features we all love using, our mobile application is opensource.
Stay tuned, stay excited, stay united! Don't forget to share news with your friends.