I think this is the best, and the laziest, cake I've ever made. It takes about 5 minutes to prep the batter, and no fancy equipment!
1/4C flour (I used Snack N Joy's BAM flour which is a blend of buckwheat, amaranth, and millet flours)
1/4C milk (I used almond milk)
2 tbsp cacao or cocoa powder (if you don't want a chocolate cake, omit this and use two extra tbsps of flour or 1tsp of coconut flour)
2 tbsp liquid fat ( I used 1 tbsp avocado oil and 1 tbsp Olea Oliva's blood orange Olive oil)
2 tbsp sugar/sweetener of choice*
1tbsp nut butter of choice (I used cashew)
1tsp vanilla extract
1/2tsp sea salt
- Combine flour, salt, sugar (if using a granular sweetener. If you’re using a liquid sweetener like liquid stevia, honey or maple syrup, wait until you add the wet ingredients) and cacao/cocoa powder (if using) in a small mixing bowl and whisk with a fork until well mixed.
- Stir in the milk, oils, and extract(s) (and liquid sweeteners if using) until a smooth batter forms. The batter is a little bit thin, that’s ok.
- Grease a small ramekin (or a microwave safe mug, if you want to make this in the microwave) and pour in the batter, smoothing it into the container.
- Add the nut butter right into the center of the batter, and then smoosh it down with a spoon so that it’s even with the top of the batter (not mounded over it.)
- Bake at 375 for 17-20min or microwave for 1-2min.
6.Serve with fresh fruit, ice cream, and/or whipped cream.
*If you don’t want to buy a fancy olive oil, you can replace that with whichever liquid fat you’re using and then add 1tsp of orange extract or 5-6drops of food grade orange essential oil
**For a sugar free version, omit the sugar and replace it with 1tsp coconut flour and 12-15 drops stevia liquid.