I love how this work turned out.
I made a second layer instantly in order to divide the foreground from the background. I deleted about half of the background white to give it a horizon for the new background.
Next, I added a CC0 background (PXFuel, I think) from my collection as a cosmos background. (Three layers now.)
Then, I copied and did a vertical flip on the cosmos picture. (Four layers.)
The rock layer background was made semi-transparent to bring the cosmos colors through, but I still had a full-color layer in front.
So, I carefully deleted everything in the water, except the rock's own reflection which remained.
And there you have it... A "happy little rock" (thank you, Bob Ross!) with a starry night background and reflection - all in four layers.
All work done by myself on: Gimp
Background photo from PXFuel (I think... or some other CC0 site.)
Cross-posted on: Steem, Whaleshares, WeKu
Past A'mara Books tutorials:
- Map Development for Alacantis (on GIMP), part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4
- Cover image for Acting the Part
- Cover image for Brighid's Blood (part of the update).
- Cover image for Birth of the Neví, part 1, part 2
- Map Development for Velantia, part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4
- Map Development for Kranisis, part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4
- Cover Image for Name of the Neví, part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4, part 5, part 6
- Beginning with Daz 3D Studio - my cover image for Mind of the Neví: part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4, changes
- Cover image for Game of the Neví, part 1, part 2, part 3
- Cover image for Pawn of the Neví, part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4, part 5
- Cover image for Freyja's Fire, part 1 , part 2 , part 3 , part 4 , part 5
DAZ 3D tutorials (not A'mara Books related):
Coloring Tutorials & Mini-tutorials:
author/designer at A'mara Books
photographer/graphic artist for Viking Visual
(Buy my work at RedBubble)
verified author on Goodreads
find me on Twitter
blogging on: Steem, Whaleshares, WeKu