Our house isn't on the market, yet we had someone make an offer! The potential buyer has purchased quite a bit of land all around us, our 5 acre lot is like a hole on their property. It's a tough decision to decide if we want to accept their offer or not. Our kids absolutely love it here, our land is pretty nice. We have a decent size pond where my kids love to fish and catch frogs and crawdads, we have 0 neighbors (closest neighbor is about a mile away), which for us is a huge plus.
On the down side, our house is small, it's 900 sq. ft. and for a family of 7 it tends to get a little crowded at times. We have plans to add an addition with in the next few years, but if we took this offer we would have $60,000 left over and that could be a nice down payment on a house that is already large enough.
We have searched online a lot and haven't really found anything that fits our needs in the area we want. There are a lot of houses in nearby towns that would be fantastic, but there is no land. There are also houses with a lot of land, but either need a lot of work or are too small. I think we are going to contact a realtor today and see if they can find something that we can't find ourselves. Wish us luck on whatever we decide!