@magiccleatus has returned with his coloring contest that has proven to be a lot of fun.
My initial reaction was this image belonged at the bottom of a Japanese plate, but I couldn't find anything that worked for me. So, my second thought was to put them where they belonged - in the water.
Here is my result this week:
- Used the select tool to select and eliminate the white space in this image.
- Colored the image with orange (the featured color this week), yellows and browns.
- Added an overlay layer of orange at 50% opacity to sort of tie together the odd colors.
- Added ("open as layers") a PxHere image of water texture and dragged it to be the bottom (background) layer.
- Added another PxHere image of a gentler water texture, set at 25% opacity and dragged it to the top (foreground) layer to make the fish look like they're underwater.
- Save as is (I rarely flatten images anymore) - and export as .png or .jpg.
- Reduced the size of the exported image and reduced the resolution so that it would load nicely for Steem, etc.
Crossposted at Steem, Whaleshares and WeKu.
author/designer at A'mara Books
photographer/graphic artist for Viking Visual
verified author on Goodreads
find me on Twitter
also on: Whaleshares, WeKu