HF25 is around the corner and I am now running v1.25.0 on my main witness. My backup is still running 1.24.2 in case we need to switch back quickly. I'll replay it after the HF.
The core developers made an amazing work that I believe will be a stepping stone for building the great things to come. I've already implemented the new recurrent transfers and collaterized conversion (HIVE to HBD) into Keychain.
I think a HF is also a good time to reflect on the work of witnesses and I ll take some time in the coming weeks to reevaluate my votes.
As for myself, here is my long overdue witness update :
As shown here, my witness is currently ranked 21st with 3,920 votes worth ** 90.8 GVests**.
I have only missed 106124blocks in over 3 years and have scripts in place to make sure my witness is disabling itself after missing one in both main and backup servers.
Contributions to Hive
I am a developer so I guess most of you know me for some of the following:
- CEO and Lead developer of Hive Keychain. Keychain is in my opinion instrumental to the growth of dApps on our blockchain and is now the project I'm working on as a priority. Thanks to the DHF support, I am now developing both the extension and a mobile App. Both are opensource and available on Github.
- I publish a development update every week regarding the progress made on Keychain (both for extension and Apps). Follow @keychain to read these updates.
- I plan to release a React Native library to make it easier to develop Hive mobile dApps.
- I wrote a comprehensive guide about how to use Multisig.
- I have proposed guidelines for funding development through DHF here and am abiding to these guidelines in my work on Keychain.
- I have proposed the idea of a fund to represent HIVE at major blockchain events around the world here. I even prepared a proposal for this but I'm saving it for later due to Covid-19 and related travel bans.
- I have hosted an Elevator Pitch Contest to try and find better ways to pitch Hive in a short time.