Tonight, I felt like a savory baked pie, that's healthy and satisfying, for supper. In my opinion, there is nothing more comforting than mashed potatoes. As such, I decided to make a mashed potato based pie.
I had some leftover mashed potato that does not contain any milk or butter, instead, I used olive oil and almond milk to make it creamy.
My vision was to make a pie with hearty fillings to warm up my tummy. Since I did not want any meat in my pie, I thought mushroom would be a great filling substitute. I wanted it to be very hearty and so I made the mushroom mixture thick like gravy.
Of course, we must incorporate greens into all our meals. Therefore, I added some kale in the mashed potatoes, which turned out to be perfect as it made this pie dish visually stunning!
Here are the ingredients and the steps:
- Gather all the ingredients - left over mashed potatoes, kale, mushroom, onion, organic and vegan brown gravy package
- Fry the mushroom and then onion
- Add the gravy package and water to the mushroom mixture
- Boil the kale in hot water for 2 minutes and add to the mashed potatoes mixture
- Pour the mushroom mixture into the bottom of baking dish as fillings
- Top with kale mashed potatoes
- Bake in the oven at 350 for 25 minutes
This pie has to be my absolute favourite and it warmed up my tummy. My unborn baby also approved, lol.