Sugary Drinks - Good or Bad?
After being told to cut out sugar and caffeine and any thing that works on my kidneys, until the doctors can figure out what is wrong with them. I figured why not do some research on sugary drinks and see how good or bad they actually are.
What does sugary drinks consist out of?
Sugary drinks better known as soft drinks consists mainly out of
- Carbon dioxide
- Artificial coloring,
- Some also contains caffeine
- Some contain acidulants like phosphoric acid, citric acid, malic acid or tartaric acid.
Do you see that there are no nutritional items in the list of items that shows you what soft drinks are made out of. So that means that soft drinks has no nutritional value.
What happens to your body after you drink a sugary drink?
How many sugar is in your drinks?
Video: What is harmful about sugary drinks?
You will need the following:
- 5 white eggs
- 5 cups
- Masking tape
- Dark-colored sugar-free drink like Gatorade G2
- Dark-colored fruit juice like grape juice
- Dark-colored flavor of pop
- Orange juice
- Label the cups with the names of the drinks you pour in. Remember to put water in the one cup.
- Place an egg in each cup.
- Leave it in the cup for about 24 hours.
- Take the egg out and discuss what the sugary drinks have done to the eggs.
The acid from the soft drink begins to dissolve the enamel of the egg.
Avoid sugary drinks, they are bad for your body. Your body needs to work extra hard to process the sugar and acids and all the non-nutritional products in the sugary drinks.
Team South Africa banner designed by @bearone