Torch Monkey in After Effectsby Choof
Heres my submission for the week 147 Splinterlands Art Contest. I decided to give After Effects a try, and this is what I came up with.
I picked the Torch Monkey card because it was relatively simple, looked cool with a gold foil, and had a flame I could try animating.
- I separated many components of the card, including the monkey, damage/health/etc symbols, and text.
- After importing them in After Effect, I layered them out in 3D to give some depth.
- I fine tuned colors/lighting, and threw in a stock background video behind the monkey.
- Using some more stock effects, I added live flames to the monkeys orb.
- This was the fun step! I added some effects like glow and light sweep to snazz up the card a little.
- Next, I animated the camera and sat back as I watched it come life!
- I added a few more animations, played with curves, and tried to make the cards motion as smooth as possible.
- Final touch up. Fine tuning the lighting, colors, effects etc.
I tried to keep my design as similar to the original. Here is what the original looks like for reference:
I hope you guys like it! I will surely be making more NFT related content in the future.