Chocolates are loved by most people. You must have eaten at least one chocolate in your life unless you are allergic.
So, today, while curating for the Neoxian city paper, I came across a recipe post for the Qurator's: Hive Top Chef! | Chocolate Cake
I bake Chocolate cakes often because it is the one that is a 'no-fail' cake recipe that I learned from the 'Bake like a pro' youtube channel. Anyways, I will write down the recipe and hope you can bake one without fail.
This chocolate cake is eggless and can be vegan friendly too if you so choose.
- Chocolate powder - 1/4 cup
- All-purpose flour - 3/4 cup
- Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp
- Powdered sugar - 1/2 cup (white or brown)
- Powder salt - a pinch
- Oil - 1/2 cup or (butter - 4 tbsp)
- Plain water or milk - 1/2 cup
- Vanilla essence/extract - 1/2 tsp
- Vinegar/lemon juice - 1/2 tsp
Optional - add 1/4 tsp of instant coffee powder to the milk or water to enhance the taste and color of the cake.
(Rice bran oil is vegan and heart-friendly. It is tasteless and can be used for baking without any hesitation)
- Line the cake pan with baking paper/butter paper
- Sieve the dry ingredients together and fluff it up with a whisk to let the air in
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius/356 Fahrenheit
- Beat the butter and sugar till it is fluffy and light. If you are using oil, mix in the sugar till it dissolves completely
- Add in a small amount of water or milk and mix
- Add a portion of the flour and fold
- Add the essence and mix again
- Add the remaining flour and fold till there are no lumps left
- Finally add in the Vinegar or lemon juice and give it a good mix
- Bake for thirty minutes at 170 degrees Celsius.
This is a tip given by a pro baker who said that the outside portion of the cake will not bake faster and that the cake won't have the crust breaking through.
(it has baked well without any uncooked portions)
You can bake this cake without an oven in a cooker or pan too. This recipe can also be used for a microwave but adjust the timing accordingly. You can also try cupcakes.
I added two tablespoons of chocolate powder to two tablespoons of unsalted butter and added 1/4 cup powdered sugar and two tbsp milk and whisked it to cram the cake. You can eat the cake without this process too. You can also use grated chocolate to decorate the cake or just surround it with a ready-to-eat KitKat or some other chocolate ball. It is all in your hands. Even Oreos would be good.
I hope you try this recipe and please let me know.
All images are mine