Hivesigner is auth service that helps developers to start building apps on Hive. Handling everything from signing transactions to help fetching data from chain with native API. Beside signing and providing API, it also provides number of convenient features, has browser extension and desktop application, documentation to help developers start integrating Hive into their dapps. Originated from Steemconnect built by @fabien.
Source code: https://github.com/ledgerconnect/hivesigner
Chrome/Brave extension (deprecated): https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/hivesigner/ophihnhnfgcmhpbcennhppicomdeabip
All thanks to community, project has been helping dozen new developers everyday to build on Steem/Hive.
Going forward we would like to promote and help getting new developers on chain to build their dapps and improve onboarding of masses.
We have initial draft of roadmap to improve Hivesigner here on Github, we welcome everyone to give feedback in comments here or on Github.
We are requesting 70 HBD per day for the next 2 years. This comes to 2100 HBD per month, which is approximately $1700 USD per month at current market prices for HBD.
Funds will be used to pay for servers, development and design work involved new features and services.
We will publish monthly detailed report about progress and updates, improvements, bug fixes.
Why This Benefits Hive
The benefits of Hivesigner is that, it is offering easy to use and user-friendly authentication/signing while giving user confidence and security, it is offering "getting started quickly with blockchain integration and development" of new applications with traditional Rest API and OAuth 2.0.
- Have been on Hive/Steem since July 2016
- Professional software developer of 12+ years that has extensive blockchain based experience directly relating to Java, Node, and Python, React Web and React native Mobile development.
- Have founded Esteem (desktop, mobile and web) application
- Have built multiple apps on Hive/Steem, some of which still in migration state (Esteem Search engine, Swagger UI API for chain, Picker random comment selector, etc.). Contributed many more libraries and packages on platform.
- Github: https://github.com/feruzm and Github: https://github.com/esteemapp
- Esteem: @good-karma
Support this proposal
- Vote for this Proposal using Hivesigner
- HiveDao: https://hivedao.com/proposal/88
- PeakD: https://peakd.com/proposals/88
- HiveBlog Wallet: https://wallet.hive.blog/proposals
- Discord: https://discord.gg/pNJn7wh
- Github roadmap thread: https://github.com/ledgerconnect/hivesigner/issues/2
- Improvements #1 - 04/02/2020
- Extension update - 04/10/2020
- Devportal update - 04/14/2020
- Interactive Hive API - 04/29/2020
- Hivesigner UI simplified 0.2.0 release - 06/12/2020
- Hivesigner SDK update 3.2.0 - 06/23/2020
- Imagehoster + Hivesigner and Condenser Bounty - 07/07/2020
- Hivesigner UI 1-click login - 07/13/2020
- Update on Hivesigner integration into Condenser - 07/20/2020
- Documentation, Hardfork and other improvements - 09/14/2020