Indoor Garden Update

Hello Everyone,

The past week I've been a little busy with the 3D printer and the indoor garden has been slightly neglected, but today I performed some transplants for the cannabis, flowers and lettuce.

Last week I mentioned how the garden had been infested with thrips, and steps I took to eradicate them.

I'm planning a post in the next week about these little critters with some macro photos of the damaged leaves. They are still on the plants, because I felt they should stay for a little bit while the new foliage gains size. Maybe they are still assisting with photosynthesis is my logic, but another day or two and I should be able to chop them off with no adverse reactions or slow down in plant growth.


image.png


I have 4 cannabis plants of unknown strains, but one of them is special and was labeled "purple cheese" from a source I didn't know ,and I cannot attest to the validity of that strain. I just know the weed was super good and I got about 20 seeds from the ounce I had. This particular plant is the one in the front all the way to the left. I have high hopes that it is female.

Those two on the right are looking pretty squatty, and the one to the far right is probably the healthiest and real feminine looking in its structure :D


image.png


The new growth is as healthy as can be, and I imagine growth explosion is likely to occur after this transplant.


image.png


These are 1 gallon planters, and will be the final transplant for the cannabis. Generally I transplant 3 times. I utilize small seed starters, then transplant to half gallon containers, and finally they will end up in the 1 gallon.

I'm also planning to experiment with some 3D printed planters in the future. Specifically thin walled and tall to sustain long tap roots. It will be a fun experiment, with a goal of maximizing space efficiency. I'll talk more about that when the time comes.


image.png


Here are the flowers and lettuce. They just came out of their initial seed starters, which I talked a little about last post. I have pretty much no experience growing lettuce, or flowers for that matter. So this is an experiment that could go wrong but that is how learning takes place, so I won't be upset if I fail. If anyone sees any obvious mistakes, feel free tell me what I could improve.


image.png


I decided it was time to put the Graptosedum Bronze's extremely close to the blurple lights.
This is a tried and true method of stimulating plant growth for this succulent.

I am not sure what it is about the blurple lights, but they like these more than the more natural looking LED lights it seems.

These little stackable containers are my best method for moving plants closer to the lights.
They are 3D printed. I found the design on Thingiverse:


image.png
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:691127


For my use, I scaled them down considerably. I couldn't be more happy with the outcome :)


image.png


Here we can see just how close the Graptosedum Bronze plants are from the lights. It is only a few inches at best, but this is the perfect distance for them. Even touching the lights does not cause any harm for this plant. They really love being blasted with the blurple lights.


image.png


After transplanting and watering, the garden shouldn't need much tending for the next few days, but I check on it everyday.

I'm guessing 3-5 weeks I will start flowering the plants.

Currently they are under 24 hours of light, and when the flowering happens, we will turn on the timer for 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness.

That's all for today,

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day! -@futuremind

H2
H3
H4
3 columns
2 columns
1 column
7 Comments