Images Sources: La Estadea | North Korean Insight
- 2 Bands starting with the letter J, my choices are:
Style: Metal / Metalcore
Oh, boy... we're finally at the letter J! Time for some Jinjer madness! 😈
If you don't know about Jinjer, then you must have been living under a rock for the past 8 years... 🤣
Jinjer are one of the most creative and talented bands of the last 4 decades or so. These guys came from the Donetsk region of Ukraine and they are the band that finally made Metallica's name fade away into the annals of the History of Metal.
If you never heard them before, I suggest you start by watching the Live Studio Record of the song Pisces:
After watching that, you know that Jinjer's vocalist is really talented... her name is Tatiana Shmayluk and she's probably the best Metal vocalist of modern times.
Sorry, but for this band just one song ain't enough. The rest of the group is equally talented:
- Roman Ibramkhalilov plays the guitars and consistently produces amazing riffs that stuck into your mind;
- Eugene Abdukhanov on the bass delivers one of the most insane bass slapping I've ever heard;
- and Vladislav Ulasevich is so talented that it makes it seem that playing drums is as easy as breathing. His raw energy and speed is out of this world.
They are a happy bunch of fellows that leave everything on stage... as you can see by the video for Just Another. I believe this is the best follow up to ease you into their sound.
... and now it's time to get serious. The next couple of songs are not for the faint of heart. Consider yourself warned.
First, here's the track Teacher, Teacher!, where Tatiana switchs back and forth between clean vocals and growling in a split second. 🤯
This is an unbelievably good song, with excellent changes of pace, spectacular drum work and bass line!
... and last, but not the least, a very crazy song that starts in Ukrainian and continues in English:
In this final song we get a Retrospection of the band's best moments... as well a full display of their talent. You got everything from slow melodies to insanely fast riffs and breaks. Tatiana's vocals range from a soft whisper to a full demonic growl! 😈
Retrospection is one of the best songs from their last album. Enjoy:
And now let's relax... and listen to something more mellow:
2) Joss Stone
Style: Soul / R&B
This blond girl took the world by surprise when she was merely 16 years old. Many people heard her voice on the radio and assumed that was a strong black women who was singing. Later on, when they saw her... their jaws dropped. There she was, a tiny little blond white girl, with a voice as powerful as Aretha Franklin! 🤣
She has many, many, many good songs but I have already exagerated on the first part of the post... so I'll leave you with one of my favourite tracks, Tell Me What We're Gonna Do Now, with the guest participation of the Rapper Common:
Recently, Joss Stone has been touring the world, making duets with artists from all over the world. She was even spotted singing some Reggae in Jamaica.
I hope you have enjoyed these 2 artists, as different from each other as olive oil and water. 😁
See my previous entries here:
- A) The Agonist & Arch Enemy / Atakama & Amely Sky [Metal]
- B) Багира & Blind Ivy [Metal]
- C) Conquer Divide & Cripper [Metal]
- D) Dark Tranquility & Dead Sara [Metal / Rock]
- E) Eths & Expellow [Metal]
- F) Fine Fine Titans & Frantic Amber [Metal]
- G) Green Jellÿ & GWAR [Comedy Rock / Comedy Metal]
- H) Hiromi Uehara & Haggard [Jazz / Metal]
- I) In Evil Hour & Infected Rain [Punk / Metal]