DApp for Hive as a new year's resolution
Hello Hive Community members,
One of the resolution which I have for year 2023 is building the new decentralised app for Hive.
I also have resolution to start an RPC node for Hive.
It's little expensive but hey I've a full year to figure/sort it out.
- I have already purchased the domain https://the-hive-mobile.app
- Let me know if there are any conflicts with this name.
- I am open to suggestions & input
What to Expect?
- Please Please don't expect anything to work.
- This post is to inform you that I am about to start the work this year.
- I've just added the listing of different feeds of Hive
- That's the only functional thing I've built so far
- I will start working & keep the site updated.
- I will also distribute the app via TestFlight & Firebase.
What do I intend to do?
- I intend to build mobile-application for Hive Community members.
- If possible, progressive-web-app too.
Where do I want to publish?
- I wish to distribute the-hive-mobile.app
- via AppStore for iOS Users
- via GooglePlay Store for Android Users
- If possible, I'll also deploy the pwa (progressive web-app)
- at domain https://the-hive-mobile.app
- As far as I know, there are following front-ends / dApps
- and many more
- Some of the front-ends are open sources & some of them are not.
- Most of them target web/desktop users.
- As per my knowledge, Ecency has mobile app.
- I want to build an OPEN-SOURCE mobile-app code
- Each community of Hive can take advantage of it & they can also publish their own version of App if they want.
- In future, I am planning to assist different community members, if they wish to publish their app on AppStore.
- But first, I would have to build the app
- So, that answers why part - Help hive-community-members to grow without any hindrance
Screenshots of what I've built so far.
Screenshot of how it looks on a web
Screenshot of how it looks on iPhone SE
Another Screenshot of how it looks on iPhone SE
Screenshot of how it looks on a Tablet/iPad
Screenshot of Github Repo
How long is it gonna take?
- I can not say an exact figure but it will take 4-5 months at least for most common features like viewing posts, add a post, vote a content etc.
- Hive has so many features & based on feedback + inputs from community members, I will continue building the app.
- I wish to put in 3 hours a day at least for app Development.
How frequently will I provide updates?
- I intend to provide updates alternate days if possible.
- But within 2-3 days let's say I've minimal things to share, I'll switch to weekly update.
- In updates, I'll share screenshots of whats done, what's planned & take feedback from community members.
- I'll also try to share new builds for both iOS & Android users on weekly basis.
Where do I find source code?
- Everything I do is open source.
- I am pushing all my changes at GitLab.
- Anyone can access the repo, fork it make changes & raise a merge request.
- It's all OPEN SOURCE for Hive community members.
What is the Tech-Set?
- I am using followings
- Flutter SDK for building Material User-Interface
- Dart Programming Language
- Android Studio as IDE
Any plans for Proposals?
- Not at the moment.
- I would like to give it a go for 1 or 2 months.
- I want to hear feedback from community members.
- I wish to develop the app first
- Once app has some basic features like listing posts & viewing post details, I will think of creating a proposal.
- How much per day? - In future, when I will create, I am thinking of keeping 75 HBD per day. but I am open to suggestions, feedback & thoughts.
What do I need from community?
- Share me positive vibes.
- Wish me luck for this new endeavour
- Share this to as many hive community members as possible.
- Re-Post if possible
- Write your own post & mention about this project
- Share your expectations. Share Feedback.
- Follow me on Hive
- Upvote my content
- Vote me as witness
- In future if I raise proposal for this project, please vote for the proposal.
Lots of ❤️ Love for Hive
- The new journey begins
- I am excited for this new venture
- Wish me luck
Who am I?
- I am @sagarkothari88.
- I am currently working on a mobile application for 3Speak community members
Support Me Back 🙏
- Vote me as your hive witness - https://hivesigner.com/sign/account-witness-vote?witness=sagarkothari88&approve=1
- Upvote my content
- Follow my channel
Have a good one
Posted from 3Speak iOS App for 3Speak
Developed and maintained by @sagarkothari88