Sesame seed is one of the ingredients in cooking that can be used as anything. Being a food ingredient that is so flavorful, making all dishes using sesame seed or oil will have an impact on the taste, aroma and shape of the food. For example, Noodles or dumplings, which are famous all over the world, will be very tasty if you use sesame oil.
Likewise with some types of stir-fried dishes, the taste will be very different if you don't use sesame oil. This cooking ingredient is very interesting to be processed and used as a key in every dish.
One of the spices that I should not forget is sesame seed and oil. Moreover, I like to use it because it is without preservatives, so it will be very healthy to use it.
As you know, I love making desserts. Dessert is a type of food that always makes the heart happy. Every bite is something that is perfect for entertaining yourself.
One of the desserts that I have never tried before is mochi. Mochi is one of the most famous Japanese food. Who doesn't know mochi? Dessert with a chewy and soft texture makes this food a place in the hearts of its fans. One of them is me, a mochi lover since I was 13 years old.
I knowing mochi because in high school I had studied Japanese. A Japanese teacher taught us a lot about Japanese culture. One of them is sushi and mochi. Moreover, I once attended an event about Japanese culture and bought mochi at that time. There I found out that the taste of mochi made from glutinous rice flour was very good. Usually filled with various fillings such as red beans and mung beans.
Mochi is a soft dessert with a dense filling. The sweet and chewy of mochi will make our hearts melt and soft. Especially if eaten while still very fresh. Mochi will bring a lot of happiness to those who eat it.
So, at Hive Top Chef this time, of course sponsored by @Qurator, this time it provides a very cool challenge by making 'sesame seed/oil' as a reference material for this challenge. I will make a mochi recipe with sesame seeds which is definitely very tasty, easy, and economical. I will try to make you guys happy with this recipe and try it at home.
Let's get started!!
To make sesame mochi, several ingredients are needed, such as;
- 130 gr white glutinous rice
- 10 grams of sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 180 ml of water
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 drop of food coloring
- 10 gr cornstarch
- Sesame seeds
Toppings: - Kidney beans jam with ingredients: 100 gr Kidney beans, 50 sugar, water.
How to make sesame mochi:
- Making jam; Soak kidney beans overnight, then boil for 1 hour over low heat. Puree the kidney beans with the remaining boiled water. Then cook with sugar until it forms a solid jam.
- To make mochi; Roast cornstarch and sesame seeds that you want to use. Set aside.
- Mix all ingredients except sesame seeds.
- Stir all the ingredients in the pan, before turning on the stove fire.
- Cook all the mochi ingredients over low heat, then stir until thickened. Be careful not to burn the mochi. Use a non-stick pan to prevent the mochi from getting too sticky.
- Then grind the mochi while it is still warm until it becomes a soft dough and the flour does not clump. Don't forget to spread the roasted cornstarch so the mochi doesn't stick.
- Then fill the mochi with kidney bean butter. Shape as desired.
- Sprinkle sesame over the entire surface of the mochi. Mochi is ready to be served and eaten with the family!
See you the next time hive friends!
Editing by Lightroom and VN iphone 11
Annyeong yorobun! Welcome to wita’s corner. Author is a full time housewife who loves to eat while writing. Enthusiasm to gardening and cooking. Like the exploration of new things and have many dream is unlimited. Always vote and give suggestions to advance this author.
If you like his content, don't forget to support me and leave a comment below. Make sure to keep read and watch my content. Thankyou so much :)