Internal tracking of project: HiveTips, 2020
Before we get into the business side of things, we would like to wish everyone all the best during this holiday season. We hope everyone begins a fantastic new year and may it be abundantly full of health and wealth. Let’s all pitch in and add this to our new year resolutions:
“2021 - Let’s make HIVE & HBD household names”
Transparent, Open & Public (TOP) Business practices.
Applying the above motto to everything we do, the following internal tracking and recap of 2020 (and the lead up to 2020) for HiveTips is being publicly posted on Hive. This document is in accordance with our DHF proposals accountability section and it serves as an update to ANNEX A (for 2020).
2019 - Q4
- Discussion of potential for a micropayments/tipping project to be introduced and weighing up the benefits of such an option on the open market.
- Finding and looking into the existing “tipping services” on the crypto scene.
- Results of research: All of the services on the market exclusively use a pay in advance “honeypot” approach and are not open source. None offer “feeless” services.
- Reviewing of the numbers of people who are on the internet and what all websites they utilize on a daily basis, it was clear that there is a huge potential in the micropayment scene, with an emphasis on the gratuities market place which is a common online practice for content creators, artists and good will (donation) types of niches.
- Defining the parameters of what options exist and how to implement the most user friendly of them in line with the expectations of the market/users/consumers. While keeping in mind that the services provided have to be above and beyond what the old fashioned “bot tipping services” that are already on the market have to offer.
2020 - Q1
All projects were put on hold due to the fork.
2020 - Q2
- Went over the discussions, topics and information gathered in Q4 of 2019, decision to go ahead with the screening, interviewing and procurement of a qualified coder for this project.
- Decided coder should be able to dedicate their time to this project only to ensure best results in a timely manner.
- The screening and interviewing process was managed and handled by @guiltyparties.
- The choice was made to hire @lightproject, based upon his qualifications, experience and ability to dedicate himself to this project.
- It was discussed and presented to the other members of the FullAlt team, covering topics of how this service expands the overall outreach of Hive to the whole of the internet and giving HIVE & HBD a tangible use case within the existing gratuities marketplace.
- Initial testing of the application handed off for review and suggestions. Witty is able to pick things apart in an unbiased fashion.
- Much more testing was done with a small team of volunteers before finally announcing it to all the hiveminds on the blockchain via the @fullalt primary Hive account.
- Market research and analysis begun for potential reach of the HiveTips audience and the impact it can have. Data collected would be further used to portray in the upcoming proposal.
- Promoted the new app on multiple channels and got it listed on a few dapp ranking sites.
- Created a theme for graphics and videos related to Hive Tips.
- Helped test HiveTips on Twitter.
- Graphics and promotional videos for Hive Tips completed and uploaded to the main FullAlt website.
2020 - Q3
- A review of invested funds was completed, the overall positivity within the community was assessed and the clearly definitive need for such services along with the benefits it brings to Hive was discussed at two team meetings in a row.
- The conclusion was that we do have grounds upon which to submit a DHF proposal.
- The parameters of the project were by this time defined clearly in particular the duration of the project so as to cover as many of the mainstream sites and platforms on the internet.
- Tokenizing the internet with HIVE (& HBD) without dipping into the “rewards pool” while offering a fast and feeless competitive solution, which can only be expanded upon in the future, was definitely something that we concluded as being a must for Hive.
- Constructive feedback from the community on the HiveTips extension was all noted and reviewed as it came in. Some issues with the centralized sites were overcome during the course of this time frame. A solution was found, tested and implemented. Shown to be effective. Hence a ‘template’ for the future sites/platforms is now in place.
- Primary focus was to compile and do more research for (from a professional marketer’s eye) a meager marketing budget to promote Hive and HiveTips on a massive scale without ‘breaking the bank’.
- Upon completion, was added to the proposal and submitted for all of the Hive community to discuss.
- Edited and fine-tuned the entire proposal before initiating submission.
- Proposal submitted on 29 August 2020:
- Got HiveTips listed on other dApp review sites and started to emerge on other social venues to start spreading the word of our dApp and give eyes to Hive itself.
- Tested HiveTips on YouTube and discussed improvements that could be made for a more fluid user experience after the testing phase of the new Twitter paradigm is completed.
- Edit and render videos on the progress of Hive Tips and upload them to YouTube.
- Helped test HiveTips on YouTube.
- Recorded meeting of @jackmiller and @lightproject and @inthenow and uploaded to YouTube.
- Continue to make promotional materials for HiveTips.
2020 - Q4
- Integration of follow on services, such as a wallet service on Telegram and elsewhere, discussed and approved as a large percentage of people in the crypto and blockchain scene utilize Telegram.
- An account creation service has been added and shall be expanded upon (as requested by members of the community).
- Open Sourcing the code for HiveTips, HivePatron and MyAltWallet - Telegram are now applicable in accordance with our original mission statement for the project. @guiltyparties is currently reviewing all the code and will make it public on Gitlab.
- Continued to add more of a social presence for @fullalt with the main focus being the value of HiveTips for anyone on and not yet on, Hive.
- Announced the massive addition of HivePatron within HiveTips that gives people the ability to honor others for their contributions in the form of direct monthly liquid or staked HIVE payments.
- Offered an energetic presentation at HiveFest5 explaining the true beauty of HiveTips.
- Began testing HiveTips and MyAltWallet on its newest addition for platforms - Telegram.
- Worked with the developer and discussed future implementations and changes for both dApps.
- Change the logos for all FullAlt products to enhance the use of HIVE and Hive across the internet.
- Created new graphics for HiveFest, the holidays and movement into the new year.
- Thanks to @roelandp HiveTips was integrated into the VR activities.
- People could (vote) tip on people and the rewards pool was distributed proportionally.
- The rewards pool was over 4,000 HIVE donated by:
- 2,000 HIVE - @jackmiller
- 1,043.856 HIVE - @t-r-f
- 1,000 HIVE - @roelandp
Tip details (tx#s):
- All sent from the dedicated account @hivetipshivefest via HiveTips.
- Current status of the proposal is that there are well over 300 votes from real people on the proposal, with a total of over 13,000,000 HP in votes which is over the current halfway mark to the cut off amount for approval.
- Updates on the proposal voting status were posted weekly on Twitter (example) with a graphic presentation of the votes status. Ref: https://peakd.com/proposals/128
- The proposal is updated regularly, including but not limited to the payments made in reference Annex A of the proposal.
- In the following transcription of Annex A, we are including our internal tracking documents, which serve as timesheets, to keep general notes of the work completed and tracked in every 15 day billing cycle.
$3,775.40 paid (07 July)
$2,971.84, paid, 03 Sep 2020
$3,701.32, paid, 17 Sep 2020
$3,590.05, 08 Nov, 2020 (Paid on 13th Nov)
$3,897.98 , 22 Nov 2020 (Paid on 30 Nov 2020)
$2,947.75, 06 Dec 2020 (Paid on 10 Dec 2020)
$2,490 20 Dec 2020, (Paid 23 Dec 2020)
TOTAL: $58,840.22 (USD)
- Note: Jack used AUD for all transactions and at the end of the day, it was just under $87K AUD after all transaction/bank/conversion costs.
- $134 AUD (circa $95 USD) Domains
- 300 HIVE (circa $60) Refunds for tips
https://hiveblocks.com/tx/33b9c22253a9bc8cbf6b1b45ef7af1141c656590 https://hiveblocks.com/tx/1f124d6760610b15fd4fd94a340705eab4ded3d2 https://hiveblocks.com/tx/24c1ca50098ff591dbea0fc74eb4adf29978de50
- $52 AUD (circa $40 USD) Domains
- $21.85 AUD (Circa $16 USD) Domain
- 50 HIVE spent on testing features and making sure it will all work with HF24 (circa $6 USD)
Upcoming Update to Proposal:
Among the suggestions given earlier on in the year, was that the proposal have a 220 day working calendar implemented, instead of a 260 working day calendar. Which was accepted as at the end of the day, the coder is paid hourly. However, it was concluded that such a schedule would be best implemented into the proposal from the start of a calendar year, i.e. from 01 Jan 2021, for numerous reasons. One of which is that based on the work done in 2020, the community can more effectively make decisions as to what options to vote on. Likewise, the notion that the inner (financial) portions of the proposal be broken down into options was also accepted as such, namely that the ad campaign be separated from the dev work. These options/changes to the proposal are going to be submitted close to 01 Jan 2021.
Look forward to 2021!
Don’t forget “2021 - Let’s make HIVE & HBD household names”
Sponsored by: FullALT!
Follow “The Hive Twitter Team” for updates!