I made it on time! Here's my entry to the 136th round of Let's Make a Collage contest.
It's my second time participating in the LMAC contest and I'm already having a lot of fun time creating my collages. For this latest entry, I put more time to it into terms of developing the concept of "invasion" and "chaos". I wanted to add as many elements as I could and still keep the Partenon as the centerpiece.
The inspiration for my artwork --->>> "Independence Day" movie.
Among the many alien-themed movies that I saw, Independence Day is probably the most remarkable for me. And so I took my inspiration from it and apply it to my collage.
Even the color style of my artwork was based on the movie which shows high contrast between warm colors and cool colors.
Here's how I created my collage
1) Here's the base image for reference.
2) Firstly, I changed the overall color tone of the base image to make it look dim and warmer.
3) Added the red planet and alien mothership to set the tone of the scene
4) Populate the scene with smaller flying saucers
5) Added some foreground elements (sea shore & guy on top rocks) to make the scene even more interesting.
6) Added some explosions in the background and dark clouds to give the impression of chaos.
9) For the final touches on the image, I added lightning effects, improved the lighting, and I also added fire at the base of the hill. The lighting effects were painted using basic brushes in Photoshop.
Images I used in my collage
|Mother spaceship from Pixabay: https://pixabay.com/illustrations/ufo-alien-spaceship-ship-3105954/|
|Red Planet from Pixabay: https://pixabay.com/photos/space-sun-planet-light-star-1506349/|
|Flying Saucers from Pixabay: https://pixabay.com/photos/ufos-spaceships-sci-fi-5577222/|
|Man on the foreground from Pixabay: https://pixabay.com/photos/man-hiker-mountains-viewpoint-sit-1839604/|
|Foreground landscape from Pixabay: https://pixabay.com/photos/body-of-water-nature-side-sea-3379326/|
|Explosion from Pixabay: https://pixabay.com/photos/volcano-hawaii-lava-cloud-ash-2262295/|
|Lightning 1 from Pixabay: https://pixabay.com/photos/thunderbolt-lightning-weather-storm-1905603/|
|Lightning 2 from Pixabay: https://pixabay.com/photos/thunder-thunderstorm-purple-storm-953118/|
|Fire from Pixabay: https://pixabay.com/photos/fire-smoke-flame-burn-hot-4721862/|
If you wish to participate in the latest round of the LMAC contest, you may refer to this link: