Hope all are safe and well!
Let's cook the newly harvested squash. 😀
- Squash (from my brother's garden)
- Coconut Milk (bought in the market)
- Horse Raddish (from brother's garden)
- Lemon Grass (from brother's garden)
- Onion leaves (from brother's garden)
- Green bell pepper (from brother's garden)
- Onion (bought in the market)
- Garlic (bought in the market)
- Salt (bought in the market)
- Magic sarap (bought in the market)
- Slice the squash. Take away the seeds. Do not peel coz more nutrients without peeling. It is very safe without peeling coz it was freshly harvested from my brother's garden. No chemicals. 😀
- Cut into cubes the squash. Wash with clean water. Drain and put in the pot.
- Wash and slice the onion, garlic and bell pepper. Sprinkle in the pot with cubed squash.
- Wash the lemon grass. Tie and put in the pot with squash.
- Extract the grated coconut. Do not add water for the first extract. Just use two bare hands and make a force in extracting coconut milk. Strain and set aside the first extract of coconut milk.
- Add 3 cups of water for the second extract of coconut milk. Strain. Put the second extract of coconut milk in a pot with squash. Add magic sarap and salt.
- Cook in firewoods for 20 minutes or until the coconut milk absorbed by the squash and becomes soft.
- When it boils, stir well. Always keep an eye when boiling coz it might overflow.
- When squash is soft, add the first extract of coconut milk for a more milky texture.
- Simmer for another five minutes and add the horse raddish. You may add salt and magic sarap depends on your taste.
- Once cook, remove from fire and add the onion leaves. Then cover the pot for 2 minutes to store the aroma of onion leaves. 😀
- Serve while hot. 😋
That's how I cook my own version of ginataang kalabasa. It is actually a milky squash I ever tasted! Charot lang! 😀😀😀
It is a healthy delicious dish. 😀😀😀 We had a happy tummy meal! 😀😀😀
Thank You Lord for the blessings and love!
Be grateful in every little/simple things and you'll find happiness you ever wanted! 😀😀😀
Everyday is worth to be grateful of!
Praying for the safety and wellness of all.
Heal Our Land Oh God!