Hope all are safe and well!
Let's cook the newly harvested squash from my brother's garden. 😀
The past blog I shared the making of my own version of milky squash. This time, I gonna share my own style of adobong kalabasa. 😀😀😀 I love adobo! So, I tried cooking adobong kalabasa tonight for our dinner. 😀
- Squash (freshly picked from my brother's garden)
- Pork Meat (bought in the supermarket)
- Garlic (bought in the supermarket)
- Onion (bought in the supermarket)
- Tomato (bought in the supermarket)
- Onion leaves (freshly picked from my brother's garden)
- Green bell pepper (freshly picked from my brother's garden)
- Salt (bought in the supermarket)
- Magic sarap (bought in the supermarket)
- Oyster sauce (bought in the supermarket)
- Soy sauce (bought in the supermarket)
- Vinegar (bought in the supermarket)
- Slice the squash. Take away the seeds. Do not peel coz more nutrients without peeling. It is very safe without peeling coz it was freshly harvested from my brother's garden. No chemicals. 😀
- Cut into cubes the squash. Wash with clean water. Drain, put in the pot and set aside.
- Wash and slice the onion, garlic, tomato, bell pepper and onion leaves.
- Wash the pork meat and cut into small pieces.
- Again, I am cooking with the use of fire woods. 😀😀😀 In a medium heat, saute onion, garlic, tomato and green bell pepper.
- Add pork meat and little salt. Simmer until only few water left. Coz of the frozen pork meat that is bought from the supermarket becomes watery when cooking.
- When only few water left, add soy sauce and vinegar. Stir. Add magic sarap and oyster sauce. Stir. Simmer for two minutes.
- Add the squash. Stir. Add soysauce. Add water. Simmer for 10 minutes or until squash is cook.
- Once cook, add oyster sauce and magic sarap. Simmer for another one minute. Then, remove from fire. And add the onion leaves. Cover the pot so that the aromatic delights of onion leaves will be mixed to the adobong squash. 😀😀😀
- Serve while hot.
It is a healthy delicious dish. 😀😀😀 We had a happy tummy meal! 😀😀😀 I also shared to the worker next house. 😀😀😀
That's how I cook my own simple version of adobong kalabasa. Actually, I only cooked the half of squash fruit tonight. I do not know yet of what I am going to do with the remaining half. Maybe tomorrow I will have an idea of what I am gonna do with it. 😀😀😀
Thank You Lord for the blessings and love!
Be grateful in every little/simple things and you'll find happiness you ever wanted! 😀😀😀
Everyday is worth to be grateful of!
Praying for the safety and wellness of all.
Heal Our Land Oh God!