Image by Mr vo from Pixabay
Welcome to the Launch of The Ink Well Fiction Challenge Summer 2020. Below you will find the programme of prompts for the Season. Each week there will be a Challenge post with the week's prompt, starting Thursday 14 May. To enter, write your post and drop a link in the comments of the Challenge post.
Below the Programme, you'll find the Rules for Entry, followed by The Ink Well's Fiction Curation Policy. You'll also find policies about orginal work, plagiarism and cross-posting.
Look out for the Poetry Challenge!
The Summer Season Programme
|Week||Date Opens||Date Closes(Showcase)||Prompt||Alternative Prompt|
|1||Thursday 14 May||Thursday 21 May||star||the last time I saw you|
|2||Thursday 21 May||Thursday 28 May||ghost||the day the rains came|
|3||Thursday 28 May||Thursday 4 June||beauty||a sorry tale|
|4||Thursday 4 June||Thursday 11 June||thorn||the goat|
|5||Thurday 11 June||Thursday 18 June||wonder||a bowl of rice|
|6||Thursday 18 June||Thursday 25 June||nervous||Adé saves the day|
|7||Thursday 25 June||Thursday 2 July||invisible||you never can tell|
|8||Thursday 2 July||Thursday 9 July||Africa||brooding|
|9||Thursday 9 July||Thursday 16 July||faces||wildlife|
|10||Thursday 16 July||Thursday 23 July||daughter||journey|
|11||Thursday 23 July||Thursday 30 July||murderer||did you say camel?|
|12||Thursday 30 July||Thursday 6 August||alley||at the end|
|13||Thursday 6 August||Thursday 13 August||citizen||some you win|
Rules for Entry
- must be posted in The Inkwell Community
- fiction must be a minimum of 350 words.
- include tags: #theinkwell #challenge #story
- title format: theinkwell fiction challenge | title of your work
- post a link in the comments of that week's Challenge post
The Inkwell Curation Policy: Fiction
The curation policy applies to fiction posts that are published in The Inkwell community and which are a minimum of 350 words. Posts will be reviewed against the categories below. From time to time, The Inkwell will publish opportunities for shorter pieces of creative work which may have different curation policies, for example, for fledgling writers or to encourage creativity.
|Setting||Time and place the story is set and whether this affects the story|
|Plot and structure||What are the essential plot points? Does the story incorporate conflict, climax and resolution? Is it linear, chronological or does it move around? Are there themes? Is it believable?|
|Characters||How are characters drawn in the story? What is their role in the story? Do they change or remain the same? Are they fresh and original or stereotypical? Are they believable?|
|Style||The writer's use of language, imagery and tone (eg is it ironic, humourous, tender or dramatic?)|
|Presentation||Does the presentation and formating enhance the writing? Is the word count appropriate for the story? How does the writer use grammar and spelling? Is their use consistent?|
Original Work and Plagiarism Policy
- original work that has not been published anywhere previously including Steem or Hive or Hive communities or social media.
- exceptionally, posts may include previously published work which has been re-drafted or revised extensively (that is, 50% or more is new material).
- images etc must be properly sourced and referenced.
- plagiarism is unacceptable: please see the community rules.
Cross Posting Policy
- The Ink Well welcomes cross-posting of content that meets the community rules.
- Cross-posters are asked to limit cross posts to one per 24 hours.
- Cross-posts, as they have been previously published, will not be eligible for curation by The Ink Well.
- Failure to meet the community rules or any other activity that, in the view of the moderators, is counter to the well-being of the community may lead to exclusion.
- Generally, posters and cross-posters will receive a warning before exclusion, but in some cases, for example, plagiarism, posters may be excluded immediately.
It is now possible to follow The Ink Well curation trail on Hive blockchain with Hive.Vote. Simply navigate to the curation trail section and search for theinkwell and our trail will pop up as an option.