Image source: valentinsimonO on Pixabay
Greetings and thank you for visiting The Ink Well! It's time to review fiction highlights from last week and start a new prompt.
Highlights of the Week
Thank you to everyone who posted a story for last week's prompt, “The Way Home." We saw great stories about journeys home, longing for home and finding home again after being lost. Great job, everyone. We enjoyed reading them and distributing awards!
Please be sure to visit these stories, read them and share your thoughts with the authors:
- Rehome, by @amirtheawesome1
- The Hard Way Home, by @raj808
- The Long Way Home, by @pokerm
- The Way Home, by @dwixer
- Grandma Kueka, by @gracielaacevedo
- Nyota, by @ricardo993
- The Road to My Dreams, by @mrnightmare.net
- The Adventure of Will, by @kemmyb
- Couple Hundred Meters Away, by @defolumal
- The Prodigal Sons' Niece, by @deeanndmathews
- On the road to the future, missing home, by @pipokur67
- A Thin Line, by @justclickindiva
This Week’s Prompt
The prompt for this week is "A matter of time."
This prompt has many possibilities. You could write a suspense tale, in which something must happen by the time the clock strikes 12. Or the story of a clock maker who has spent his life fixing clocks, and what he has learned about the owners along the way. Or you could write the story of a character who feels that something terrible is inevitable; it is only a matter of time. How will he prevent the terrible thing from happening?
And of course there are many more possibilities.
Good luck! And be sure to remember the important elements of good fiction:
- A good setting
- Character development
- A story arc and resolution
Weekly Prompt Rules:
- You have a week to write for the prompt, until the next one is posted. (Note: You can write for any of the prompts anytime. This is just a guideline to be included in the weekly round-up of highlights.)
- Please use these hashtags: #fiction #writing #inkwellprompt #theinkwell.
- Post a link to your story in a comment on this post.
- Visit the work of at least two other community members and comment on their work.
- The title is up to you. You can come up with any title you wish. You do not need to name it after the prompt or include the prompt word.
Note: Be sure to also read our community rules.
Here are the past prompts if you would like to write for them or refer back to them:
We look forward to reading your stories!
We also invite you to follow The Ink Well curation trail on the Hive blockchain, at https://hive.vote/. Simply navigate to the curation trail section and search for theinkwell (all one word with no @ symbol) and our trail will pop up as an option.
Similarly delegations are possible on Hive using the fantastic https://peakd.com/ Hive Blockchain front end. If you wish to delegate to @theinkwell, you can do this from the wallet section of https://peakd.com/