Image source: Geralt on Pixabay
Welcome to the The Ink Well weekly fiction prompt. If you're new here, thank you for coming by! We are a Hive blockchain-based social media community of creative writers. If you love to write fiction, we invite you to join us. Or peruse the work of our community members.
If you post in our community, please be sure to read the community rules (right side of the page) where we outline the "do's and don'ts" of publishing here. Our community rules are designed to make our community a safe, welcoming, plagiarism-free space for self-publishing original short stories.
Okay! Let's review fiction highlights from last week and start a new prompt.
Highlights of the Week
Thank you to everyone who posted a story for last week's prompt, “50 Story Ideas".
Be sure to read and support these authors for their work!
- The Curse, by @pokerm
- The Cheat, by @bruno-kema
- The Empty Treasure Box, by @dwixer
- The Accused, by @iyimoga
- More Beautiful than the Virgin! by @gracielaacevedo
- Good in the Bad, by @kemmyb
- Nothing is as it seems, by @ricardo993
- It's Just a Matter of Time, by @raj808
- Of Green Thumbs, Growth and Genius, by @deeanndmathews
- Teacher, by @mrnightmare.net
This Week’s Prompt
The prompt for this week is The Library. Your challenge is to spin a tale that takes place in a library or is inspired by libraries.
Here are some ideas to get the creative wheels turning:
- A child gets to check out his first book, and finds that it contains a secret code. He must determine how to use it.
- Someone in a library overhears a private conversation on the other side of an isle of books and realizes the people are plotting a crime.
- A group of people is trapped in a library due to an earthquake and must figure out how to survive until they are rescued.
- A young girl standing in her grandfather's library pulls a book off the shelf and it opens a secret door.
Where will you take your story?
Good luck! And be sure to remember the important elements of good fiction:
- A good setting
- Character development
- A story arc and resolution
Weekly Prompt Rules:
- Deadline: You have a week to write for the prompt, until the next one is posted. (Note: You can write for any of the prompts anytime. This is just a guideline to be included in the weekly round-up of highlights.)
- Hashtags: Please use these hashtags: #fiction #writing #inkwellprompt #theinkwell.
- Story link: Post a link to your story in a comment on this post.
- Community support: Visit the work of at least two other community members and comment on their work.
- Title: The title is up to you. You can come up with any title you wish. You do not need to name it after the prompt or include the prompt word.
- Images: Please only use images from license free and creative commons sites, like Pixabay, Unsplash and Pexels. Images you find on the Internet are copyright protected. Be sure to provide the source link.
Note: Be sure to also read our community rules.
Here are the past prompts if you would like to use them or refer back to them:
- #1: Heart and Soul
- #2: The moment when...
- #3: Beauty with a twist
- #4: The Way Home
- #5: A Matter of Time
- #6 50 Story Ideas
We look forward to reading your stories!
We would like to invite lovers of creative writing to visit The Ink Well, a Hive community started by @raj808 and run by @jayna and @agmoore.
We also invite you to follow The Ink Well curation trail on the Hive blockchain, at https://hive.vote/. Simply navigate to the curation trail section and search for theinkwell (all one word with no @ symbol) and our trail will pop up as an option.
Similarly delegations are possible on Hive using the fantastic https://peakd.com/ Hive Blockchain front end. If you wish to delegate to @theinkwell, you can do this from the wallet section of https://peakd.com/
A big thank you to all our delegations from:
@felt.buzz @shanibeer @jayna @ocd-witness @kaelci @trucklife-family @preparedwombat @iamraincrystal @owasco @agmoore and @marcybetancourt.
Click banner to visit our community page