Technically in my little corner of the world, there's still just about an hour of May left (I'm posting this at 11pm EST), but #HivePUD for June 1st 2021 has already arrived in other parts of the world. If you want a super cool way to check if it's officially in your area according to UTC time (which is how the Hive Buzz badges are determined), be sure to check out the "new" (as of September 2020) Countdown Timer courtesy of the awesomesauce team at @hivebuzz!
And to clarify:
- If you want to qualify for the AMAZING Hive Power Up Day badge(s), your power up must happen during the 24 hours of June 1st, 2021 according to UTC time.
- If you want to qualify for the #HivePUD prize pool, your power up and post must happen (according to criteria listed below) during the hours of June 1st, your local time.
Since I already did a rundown of it all in the announcement post last week, I'll stick with a short & sweet recap this time around.
What is Hive Power Up Day?
Hive Power Up Day has been taking place since @streetstyle came up with the idea on that other blockchain back in April 2019. Essentially we all get together and power up (stake) our Hive on the first day of every month, and some offer prizes to smaller accounts to help them grow.
What does it require?
Essentially, we ask that:
On the first day of the month...
... anyone who is able to, powers up some Hive on the first of the month.
... accounts that are powering down, pause during the 24 hour span of the first of the month.
... anyone who is trading/selling Hive, pause those transactions during the 24 hour span of the first of the month (and possibly even cancel any type of sell order on any exchanges during that time as well).
What are the rules to win prizes for HivePUD?
The requirements are:
- Your reputation must be above 39 and below 70.
- Your total Hive Power (before the 1st) must be more than 100 and less than 8000.
- You must power up at least 10 Hive on June 1st.
- You must write a post about your power up on June 1st with the tag #HivePUD (International) or #HPUD (Spanish).
To be included in the winners list, you must meet all four requirements above. The order of the list (first place, second place, and so on) will be determined by the biggest PERCENTAGE of Hive powered up, not necessarily the most Hive powered up.
For more information about @victoriabsb's excellent Hispanic Initiative that ensures that the smallest accounts (who might not be able to make the requirements above) are still able to get some prizes, check out her announcement post for this month, Recordatorio: Hive Power UP Day 📅 1ero de Junio 💪 Reglas & Premios [ENG/ESP] || #HPUD .
What are the prizes?
The list of prizes, both confirmed & not confirmed (although I'm pretty sure they've all got a green check mark), are in the aforementioned announcement post last week.
Did I hear something about badges?
Yep, the wicked awesomesauce team behind @hivebuzz totally upped their Hive badge game with their support of Hive Power Up Day! Check out their latest post - Hive Power Up Day - June 1st 2021 - Hive Power Delegation for details, and "bee" sure to follow them on Hive and Twitter so you don't miss out on future awesomeness.
- Power up Hive on June 1st 2021
- Post about your power up on June 1st 2021
- Unofficial winners list will be posted June 2nd or 3rd (allowing time to correct for errors/omissions)
- Official winners list will be posted on June 5th, after which sponsors will disperse prizes
That's it for now!
Thanks to everyone for all you do to make our new blockchain space a home! Special shout out to @abh12345 for always graciously agreeing to help by sending me the raw data when the time comes - Asher, you're a ROCKSTAR! And here's to another awesomesauce Hive Power Up Day!
Thanks for stopping by!
My posts may occasionally contain affiliate links. If you click through,
I might get a wicked small commission, with no extra cost to you.
All words and images are mine (unless otherwise indicated),
and can also be found on my various social media sites.