Alpha version launch!
For those who haven't seen one of these posts before, HeyStack is a Hive-orientated crypto portfolio tracker project.
You can use it to look at your own Hive journey, or to track your whole crypto portfolio using Hive data and exchange data.
Where is it?
You can see a live version here:
You can find the github repository here:
Instructions for use
This week I'll put out some instructions for use, showcasing what HeyStack can do and how to use it.
Today, an introduction to loading your own Hive journey...
(1) Intro page:
- Read it please!
(2) Add a wallet:
- Click on WALLETS in the header at the top to access the wallets tab.
- Click on HIVE button (top left).
- Type your account address into the input box (top right).
- Click ADD WALLET.
There are no keys or passwords involved. HeyStack just reads the publicly available data from the blockchain for the address chosen. The same way you can look at someone's wallet page. Or the account history on hiveblocks.
(3) Load data:
- Your wallet should appear if you typed it right. Now you are ready to load some data!
- Note that the volume of data downloaded can be significant. Please use an appropriate wifi / broadband connection to manage your data allowances and avoid charges.
- Native ops to load shows the number of transactions to be loaded (Hive loading filters only the financial transactions so the data volume is actually lower than that shown).
- Once you are happy, click on LOAD DATA. And wait!
- The 'Native ops to load' should reduce down to zero.
- If your account existed pre Hive airdrop, then a number of transactions will be passed across to 'Prior ops to load'. The countdown will continue for these transactions.
- A Steem wallet also automatically appears at this point.
- The load is complete when both ops to load figures are zero. There should be a message.
- My own account is 120k transactions and this takes a few minutes. Larger accounts can take a while!
- If you just want to test a smaller account to start with then @laxman97 is a useful small example and @hiveio a little larger. Click on HIVE again and go through the steps in (2) above but with the different account name.
At the end of the Hive load the Hive airdrops are calculated (by roll up of all pre-Hive transactions) and entries representing these amounts for each Hive currency are added to the Hive wallet.
(4) Load Steem data:
- At this point your Hive account is fully loaded!
- If you are also interested in your Steem data post the Hive airdrop you can load this through the Steem API.
- Click on the Steem wallet in the table.
- Click LOAD DATA.
- Wait some more.
Overlapping transactions (those pre-Hive airdrop) are not loaded twice. They are loaded through the Hive API and placed into the Steem wallet storage in step (3). The Steem 'Native ops to load' will drop suddenly down to zero during the Steem load once an overlapping transaction is reached (the loads all go backwards).
(5) A little more loading!
- At this point all the ops to load figures should be zero. However if your account is particularly active there may have been some transactions while the load took place.
- Just click on the relevant wallet and click LOAD DATA again. Should be super-fast.
(6) Check the balance roll-up!
- Probably the best thing to do next is to do is check that the roll-up of your loaded transactions equals your actual wallet account balances (as obtained through the API).
- Click on JOURNEY in the header to access the journey charts tab.
- Click on ADD TO CHART to draw a chart of your balances over time in the upper window.
- There may be a short pause here - a few seconds or so if much transactions.
- Hover over the right arrow on CHART (top right, second button) to switch to CHECK.
- Hover over the right arrow on UPPER CHART to switch to LOWER CHART (bottom right).
- Click on ADD TO CHART to add a check on your roll up.
The Hive and HBD amounts should be exact. The Hive Vests amount should be very close, typically with less than 1% error overall. There are some elements (power up) that have to be estimated.
If you have larger errors than this, please screen grab the check and drop it in the comment to this post. Also if it works let me know too!
Enough for today. Go play. More instructions tomorrow assuming I'm not having to fix it all!