SplinterGlossary: Dark Energy Crystal (DEC)
If we count the SPT token rewarded for blogging on Splintertalk (or by using the 'spt' tag), that's four tokens.
It is designed as the stable token of the ecosystem, while SPS is free to be volatile.
A burning mechanism of 1 USD worth of SPS for 975 DEC exists, to prevent DEC from pumping above its intended value.
If the price of DEC is below the shop value and there is demand for Splinterlands products, this should incentivize purchases because there is a growing discount, the lower the price of DEC.
DEC can be used to:
- buy products from the primary market (from Splinterlands)
- buy and sell cards from the secondary market
- rent cards from the rental market
- upgrade guild buildings
- add to liquidity pools on Hive-Engine, BSC, and Polygon, and earn rewards
- in various sinks on the land expansion