Call To Action:
We've seen some articles about witnesses lately, articles about witness votes and how important witnesses are for Hive. I have published two different articles as well, which you can find here:
While one of these got a total of 11 reblogs and got a decent amount of attention, it still had very little impact. My intention was to get some of the current witnesses to change their votes, and hopefully vote for LeoFinance as well, but the most important part was to get people to stop voting for disabled witnesses and/or witnesses who haven't updated their price feed in a very, very long time.
I truly believe in LeoFinance and it should come as no surprise that LeoFinance has been paving the way for Hive & for other communities for quite some time with their innovative changes, great features and amazing communication. I personally think that LeoFinance deserves top be a top 20 witness and I know that there are a lot of people thinking in the same lines.. That is the reason for this post.
While my previous posts didn't had any major impact like I stated above, this will be a direct call-to-action where I will highlight a bunch of different users in an attempt to make them a bit more aware.
We all want what's best for Hive, but we might have different ideas to get there.. Hive deserves and needs top witnesses that are active and witnesses who have the best intentions for Hive..
What I want, is to make room for those witnesses. LeoFinance doesn't necessarily have to be one, even though I personally believe that LeoFinance deserves it.
In this article, I will go through the top 10 Hive witnesses. We will take a look at who they are voting for and if those witnesses are active or not. I will only highlight witnesses that are voting for witnesses who are inactive or haven't changed the price feed.
- I hope you don't mind this little reminder...
- jesta (witness #30) have not updated the price feed in 4 months.
- netuoso (witness #32) has not produced any blocks for over a week, disabled his witness 1 month ago and haven't updated the price feed in 4 months.
- riverhead (witness #29 ) have not updated the price feed in 5 months.
- bhuz (witness #40) have not updated the price feed in 2 years.
- liondani (witness #39) have not update the price feed in 4 months.
- pfunk (witness #33) have not updated the price feed in 7 days.
- firepower (witness #60) have not updated the price feed since last year.
- innerhive (witness #50) have not updated the price feed in 3 months.
- steemychicken1 (witness #85) have not updated the price feed in 7 months.
- reggaemuffin is inactive. Last block a year ago.
- aizensou (witness #83) have not updated the price feed in 4 years.
- c-squared (witness #79) has not produced any blocks for over a week, disabled 6 months ago and haven't updated the price feed in 7 months.
- complexring (witness #82) have not updated the price feed in 3 years.
- dragosroua (witness #70) have not updated the price feed in 5 months.
- helo (witness #95) have not updated the price feed since last month.
- isnochys (witness #88) have not updated the price feed in 11 months.
- satren (witness #76) have not updated the price feed in 2 months.
Also note that pfunk haven't updated the price feed in 7 days which aren't much to argue about, but I include everyone from the tool in this list.
So, while I am not a blockchain-guru- or expert in any way and even though I don't know exactly how important price feeds are, it looks ridiculous to see witnesses not updating the price feed for several months, or even years.. To vote for disabled witnesses, or witnesses that aren't updating the price feed is another thing that doesn't look good in my personal opinion.
I mean, Hive witnesses are the ones who decides things. The stakeholders of Hive decides who to vote for and the Hive power decides who'll be ranked where and when within the witness list. Are we blindly just going to accept the witnesses when many of them doesn't seem to care "all that much" about Hive in the first place, except for accumulating Hive for producing blocks?
Are we supposed to blindly trust and believe in all the witnesses when many of them doesn't seem to do things public for the "average Joe's" to see and/or understand?
Many of the witnesses are inactive on Hive as well and doesn't even seem to have logged in for several weeks or months. Many of them haven't made a post in ages..
The "average Joe's" doesn't understand blockchain tech or how to produce blocks, and most of them doesn't care about it. They aren't going to learn what happens "behind the scenes" in terms of it either, because they have no interest in knowing those things. They want to- and need to hear, see and feel things to learn and understand..