The year has really got off to a rocky start for a few people in my circle. I have to admit that crypto's nosedive did a lot to make me feel not so great. Then I reminded that somewhere I'd heard that Mercury was in retrograde. Anyhow. I'm
hoping believing that this new year of the Tiger will bring good things for everyone. So, before I get to the business of this post:
Now it's time for my usual delegations to redfish that participated in this month's edition of #HivePUD.
For those not familiar with what I do each month after Power Up Day, I delegate 100 Hive to 3 participating accounts.
Why I do this?
It's a combination of paying it forward and walking the talk. I remember what it's like to be a redfish and I remain forever grateful to the folk who supported me in those
steemy early and confusing days on the blockchain. That's not to say I'm an expert now. I most definitely am not and my relative "success" on the Hive blockchain has been a combination of trial and error (quite a lot!) as well as learning by osmosis. A lot of all three...and at the risk of repeating myself, the help of good folk who cared enough to look out for noobs.
Nearly five years ago, when I started my cryptoblogging journey onboarding and support initiatives were few and far between. I am delighted that there are now several and I'm thrilled to be able to play a little role in helping people to hang around on Hive.
February Power Up Day
If you don't know what happens on Hive Power Up Day and how accounts stand to gain, read @traciyork's Power Up Day post and join next month?
A reminder about my delegations - if you didn't follow the link...
Each month, I set aside 300 HP that I delegate an equal share among three accounts that meet the basic Power Up Day Criteria.
In my case, though, and given my focus on redfish, the accounts must also be -
- be less than 6 months old
- have at least two qualifying posts since the previous power up day.
Posts that qualify must have 200 words or more and exclude posts for Power Up Day, and Actifit.
As a reminder, the reason I added the second criterion is because -
Hive is a social blockchain: it's for socialising, ruminating and just generally hanging out.
- a reputation of less than 61
- not more than 500 HP in their accounts before they power up - both on the first of the month
Qualifying accounts for February
With all this in mind, I went through the list of fourteen, yes 14 - again - accounts that sent me and applying those additional criteria -
- have at least two qualifying posts since the previous power up day, i.e. since January; and that the posts do have 200 words or more (in English - because I'd like to be able to engage...) and exclude posts for Power Up Day, and Actifit.
So, when all's said and done -
This month there was a record number of thirteen yes 13 accounts met all the criteria. One of these was from a qualifying Silver Blogger, and consistent with my commitment, a delegation goes to him. The remaining 12, I happily fed into the nifty online random pick thingy so that it's objective and not me making the decision:
As I have also consistently said, I keep an eye open, and will support Hiveans who are members of the Silver Bloggers' Community. This month, the account to which it goes is @tengolotodo.
Proof of delegation:
But that's not all
Remember that in addition to the delegations, @maccazftw, @littlebee4 and @tengolotodo have all been added to my fanbase and receive a daily 100% upvote; I also ask @ginabot to notify me each time they post. If I have an opportunity, I pop over and have a gander and occasionally weigh in on whatever the post may be about.
A last word - or two
Thanks as always to @traciyork, @victoriabsb and @hivebuzz for all the hard work they do each month - and around the blockchain, generally.
Thanks too, to @doze for the super Hive graphics that he develops and shares for us all to use. Do check out his posts and perhaps drop by and show some Hive love.
Until next time, be well
The Sandbag House
McGregor, South Africa
If this post might seem familiar, it's because I'm doing two things:
- re-vamping old recipes. As I do this, I am adding them in a file format that you can download and print. If you download recipes, buy me a coffee. Or better yet, a glass of wine....?
- and "re-capturing" nearly two years' worth of posts.
- From Wordpress, I use the Exxp Wordpress plugin. If this rocks your socks, click here or on on the image below to sign up.
- Join Hive using this link and then join us in the Silver Bloggers' community by clicking on the logo.
Original artwork: @artywink
- lastly, graphics are created using partly my own photographs, images available freely available on @hive.blog and Canva.