It is always pleasing to find out that some already processed foods are actually vegan and Oreo's made my day when some time ago I found a post on Instagram that their Original flavour is actually vegan friendly 🎉
Now if you are very strict on your vegan diet Oreo does state "it have milk as a cross contact during the production" but despite that the ingredients are vegan. Do you actually buy them or avoid because of the cross contact? 🤔
Anyways - I am sharing a vegan oreo muffin recipe for the Plant Based Challenge which is very easy and will be great for you if you are like me and can never figure out how to cook proper muffins 😅
You will need:
- 240ml unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 225g wheat flour
- 65g sugar
- A sprinkle of salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 85g applesauce
- 75g vegan butter
- 8 oreo cookies (crushed)
- Mix almond milk with apple cider vinegar and set aside.
- Mix melted butter and all other ingredients (except oreo's), pour almond milk and vinegar mixture and mix everything well.
- Crunch oreo's (in a bag or in a bowl) and add to the mixture. Mix them in carefully.
- Separate the dough evenly to 12 muffins on the baking tray and bake for about 20 minutes at 200C.
Enjoy the muffins! 💚