Greetings, Blockchain Poets! This is a little idea to help spur a little more engagement. I've had the idea for a while. It was inspired by blockchain technology and how blocks are built. If you don't know what I'm talking about, I'll try to explain without getting too technical.
This is meant to be overly simple and not an actual explanation.
The blockchain saves data in chunks called blocks. It makes these blocks one at a time. After each block is made, the first thing it does is read that block and makes a short summary or assessment of it called a hash. The hash is the first piece of data in the next block. So each block has a piece of the previous block in it.
The Blockchain Poem
So as you might have guessed by now, I thought it might be fun for us to create a poem based on the same principle. Instead of a summary for a hash, we would use poetic interpretation or inspiration to continue the string. The end result is an epic blockchained poem forever containing pieces of all of us.
- I will produce the first stanza to get things started.
- Subsequent stanzas will be submitted in a reply to this post
- Each stanza will be 4 lines long
- A single author can't write more than two consecutive stanzas in the same day.
- Each stanza must start with some aspect of the previous stanza or block in the first line. It can be a word, a concept, or line, or just about anything related to the previous block.
- (Optional) Tag one of your favorite authors to contribute a stanza
Genesis Block (1st stanza)
We the writers who bear our souls
Have come to tell and be verbose
Read the lines to find our pulse
And ponder on the words we chose
I'm going to tag some folks who I think might enjoy this challenge and help to kick things off. In accordance with rule 6, feel free to do the same.
Users subscribed to this community and others.
The community account is the 100% beneficiary for this post.