After walking for days, Gıpgıp and Silver finally reached the village of Honey Cave. Gıpgıp,
- I have to find myself a job here, a place must be where everyone passes by and I can get news, I wonder if I can get a job at a blacksmith. said. Silver,
- Let's go and ask if you don't want money, maybe he can give you a job.
Gıpgıp straightened his clothes. They walked towards the blacksmith of the village. Blacksmith also had a barn where arriving passengers rested their horses. This would allow him to talk to a lot of people. Gıpgıp,
- “Good day, sir,” he said.
The blacksmith was changing the horseshoes of a horse at that time, turned his head and,
- What do you want boy, he asked. Gıpgıp,
- I am looking for a job in exchange for food and a place to sleep, I am a hard worker, I can work in exchange for food and a place to stay. He said. Blacksmith,
- So you don't want money for work, wait let's talk when I'm done. said. Gıpgıp looked at Silver with a smile. Silver nodded. They sat on the bale of hay by the barn door and waited for the blacksmith to finish. After the blacksmith changed the horse's horseshoes and took his money, he walked towards them. Showing the Silver,
- if this is yours, he asked. Gıpgıp,
- Yes sir, it is my friend, we go everywhere together. Blacksmith,
- I would understand if the goat cub was a friend, a dog, or something, but what is the goat cub? Gıpgıp,
- Silver is very smart, understands everything, can't be a good companion from it. Blacksmith laughed,
- We are a bit busy right now, I was looking for someone to help with the barn works, do you understand horses? he asked. Gıpgıp,
- Yes sir, I can clean the barn and look after the horses. said. Blacksmith,
- OK, I won't give you any money. You can stay in the barn, upstairs where the hay is, and eat three meals a day at the village inn, if I am satisfied with your job, I can work you for a long time, let's drop your backpack and start cleaning the barn I'll come to check it out. he said. He left to take care of his new client. Gıpgıp,
- Silver, I didn't think I would find a job so easily. he said. Silver,
- This man is very stingy, when he realized that he would not give money, it was very advantageous for him to work you for food only.said.Gıpgıp,
- For a while, until we know where my father is being taken, then we'll be on the road right away. said. Silver,
- There are a lot of people coming and going here, I think you can learn in a short time. Gıpgıp left his backpack in the haystack above the barn, then hurried to started work. When the work was done, he was exhausted, he hadn't talked to anyone when working. If the blacksmith can be satisfied with his work, he could talk to a lot of people, even the Scorpion slave trader group. The blacksmith came and checked Gıpgıp's work, he liked it,
- Ok Gıpgıp, you can work here, I'll talk to the innkeeper, you can have three meals there from tonight. He said. Gıpgıp,
- Saying thank you, he walked over to the water pump to wash his face. When Gıpgıp came to the inn with Silver, he saw that the innkeeper was pushing a customer out of the inn. Innkeeper,
- I don't want to see you here again, just don't come, he shouted. Gıpgıp,
- I thought all innkeepers would be like Cook Chubby, Silver, this man is very angry. he said. Silver,
- He looks angry but a good person, he replied.
While Gıpgıp and Gümüş just stared at the innkeeper, the innkeeper turned to their side.
- Boy, why are you staring at me like that? asked. Gıpgıp,
- I got a job with the blacksmith in exchange for a place to sleep and a meal. said. İnnkeeper,
- Ha, yes the blacksmith had come and said. he said. Anger eyes were replaced by mercy. He studied Gıpgıp and Silver carefully. Pointing at the Silver,
- This was your travel mate, is that it? he asked. Gıpgıp,
-Yes. Said.İnnkeeper laughed,
- Let me introduce you to the kitchen chef, you will eat in the kitchen, not in the customer's section of the inn; follow me. said. He entered through the great door of the inn. Gıpgıp and Silver walked slowly behind him towards the kitchen. The kitchen was huge, pots were boiling everywhere, frying was being made, the staff was running around. The innkeeper shouted,
- Teapot where are you, come here quick. From the back of the kitchen, a tall, chubby woman with a smiling face came, wiping her hands on her apron.
- What's wrong, boss what happened again? she asked.İnnkeeper,
- Look, Teapot, this kid just got a job with the blacksmith. said. Then back to Gıpgıp,
- What is your name boy, he asked. Gıpgıp,
- My name is Gıpgıp and that of my friend is Silver. said. The innkeeper turned to the kitchen chef,
-You heard their names, one is Gıpgıp, one is Silver, you can take care of them, okay? he said. Kitchen chef Teapot,
- Ok, I'll take care of them, do not worry. she said. When the innkeeper left, Teapot looked them over, then her eyes fell on Silver.
Silver bent one of his front legs at the knee, touched it to the ground, and bowed his head slightly. Teapot looked at Gıpgıp,
- What is Silver doing? she asked. Gıpgıp,
- The chef of Silver kitchen respectfully greets the Teapot. said. Teapot laughed so much,
- I loved this. she said. Come on, let me introduce you to the kitchen staff, she added. She took a saucepan and a ladle in her hand and began to beat the bottom of the pot with a ladle, in the middle of the kitchen.
- Kitchen people, kitchen people, listen to me, she shouted. Everyone quit their job and turned to look at her.
- Look, this Gıpgıp started to work at the blacksmith in exchange for food and a place to sleep, he will eat his meals here, and the goat cub next to him is his friend Silver, okay?
Everyone waved and said welcome and went back to their work. The kitchen chef Teapot turned to Gıpgıp,
- Let me take you to the place where the kitchen staff eats. said. They crossed the kitchen. Next to the kitchen back door was a large table and benches. Teapot,
- Come sit here and I'll bring you dinner. she said. Gıpgıp sat close to the door. Silver was looking around happily. Gıpgıp,
- You are very happy, Silver, are you in a good mood? he asked. Silver,
- Yes, this is a beautiful place. Unless you're in boiling pots, there's no better place than the kitchen. said. Gıpgıp laughed. just as he was about to answer Silver when the Teapot returned with a large tray. Teapot,
- Were you talking to the goat cub? she asked. Gıpgıp,
- Yes, Silver and I like to chat. said. Teapot,
- what a strange boy you are. she said. She placed the tray on the table and sat across from Gıpgıp.
- I brought you soup, shepherd's roast, rice, and ayran. Eat a lot, I don't want anyone to go hungry in my kitchen. I brought lettuce leaves for Silver. she said. She put the lettuce leaves in front of Silver, patted its head.
- Come on, eat these smartly, don't try to misbehave in my kitchen. she said. Gıpgıp took a spoonful of the soup and,
- There's nothing like a noodle soup with chicken broth, it's very nice. Thank you, kitchen chief .he said. Teapot laughed,
- You can call me by my name. she said. Tell me, what winds threw you here? she asked. Gıpgıp both ate and told Teapot what had happened to his father. Said that he was trying to find his father, where the Scorpion slave trader group had taken.Teapot,
- They are very dangerous men. she said, you should be careful when you talk around, ask your questions cunningly, if you are not careful, they may kidnap you to enslave you. Gıpgıp,
- Lots of people come and go near the blacksmith, of course, one of them might know something about my father. he said. Teapot,
- I'll pay attention to what is said at the inn, who knows, maybe I'll hear something useful for you. said. Gıpgıp thanked the Teapot. Teapot,
- I'll get back to my work. Use this back door on your way to the kitchen, okay? She said. When Gıpgıp said ok, she got up and went back to his work in the kitchen. Gıpgıp after eating his dinner, collected, washed, and dried his dirty plates. These had not gone unnoticed by the Teapot. She smiled and thought that he was a smart and good boy, hoping he would find his father.
The story will continue tomorrow, thanks for reading🙂🙂
All rights reserved to the story named Adventures of Gıpgıp.