Here's a post inspired by this week's Zapfic50Monday Prompt - Promotion
The storm raged. The captain was drunk in his cabin. Lieutenant Jameson beached the ship, making sure the passengers and other crew got off safely before the storm broke it under him.
He woke before the Pearly Gates. St Peter waved him in. “Not the promotion you expected, son ?”
For any of my friends (or anyone else, for that matter !) who reads this and fancies giving it a try, it's really fun and thought provoking. The rules are really simple;
- The Freewriters Community has a Zapfic post with a writing prompt every Monday alternating between posts up to 240 characters and exactly 50 word posts.
- Your response must be posted within 3 days in the Freewriters Community.
- Please post a link to your entry in the comments section of the prompt post
- Please use #freewritehouse and #zapfic tags.
- The important one - YOU MUST use a word/character counter (if you search for word counter on the internet or in your phone's app store you will get a big choice!) wordcounter.net and include a screenshot. Entries without a screenshot will NOT be valid.
- Please use the prompt provided as you see fit (use your imagination)
- Try to tell a complete story if you can!
- The story should only be up to 240 characters long (including spaces, punctuation etc) or exactly 50 words long.