the 3rd round of the mini season 8 is played at the usual time, tomorrow Friday 1st Oct, 19h GMT.
This time we will have a 7 round 5 minutes Swiss tournament with no time increment, so please take especially care about your time management. I added a clock symbol to emphasize this 😁!
To those not yet in our Lichess team, please join the team here, otherwise you can´t play!
Time Mode: 5+0 (5 minutes per game, no increment), 7 rounds Swiss mode
Tournament Link: https://lichess.org/swiss/s1umqID8
There are already app. 120 Hive in the price pool (estimate after 2 rounds).
- For Hivers, Steemians, Blurters, noise.cashers and all others!
- Players of all skill levels are welcome, from newbies to experts, you just need a free Lichess-account!
- Every Friday is one round
- Time mode is varying (5+0, 3+2,...), rated, berserking allowed (except in Swiss mode)
- The winner of each round gets up to 10 points, the second 9,... and the 10th 1 point. Sometimes the round is divided in 2 skill classes, then the winners get up to 7 points.
- In case two players have the same number of points, the one who played less rounds is first. If that is equal too, then the average tournament performance decides.
- PAYOUT: This season goes over 5 rounds and the tournament points are summed up. All Hivechess-related post rewards are pooled and 90% go to the price pool (PP). The tournament winner will get 15 Hive bonus and the rest of the PP is divided among all players according to (1) the no. of rounds played and (2) the tournament points achieved (1 and 2 weighed equally), but only if a player has participated at least 3 times (if <3 games are played in a round it will be not counted)! So everyone has a chance to get something and the more often you participate, the better!
- If I don´t know your Hive username, I can´t consider you in the rankings, so please let me know your Hive name in the comments or in the Lichess chat!
- If you have not yet joined our team in Lichess, please do it here, so that you can participate (required for the Swiss tournaments only).
Swiss Tournament Rules
There are several differences between the "normal" arena mode and the Swiss mode which needs to be considered:
|Arena tournaments||Swiss tournaments|
|Duration of the tournament||Predefined duration in minutes||Predefined max. rounds, but exact duration unknown|
|Number of games||As many as can be played in the allotted duration||Decided in advance, same for all players|
|Pairing system||Any available opponent with similar ranking||Best pairing based on points and tie breaks|
|Pairing wait time||Fast: doesn't wait for all players||Slow: waits for all players|
|Streaks & Berserk||Yes||No|
|Points||Win:2, Draw 1, doubled if on fire||Win:1, Draw: 1/2, Not paired: 1|
|Late joiners||get no points||get 1/2 point gift|
|Requirement to be in our team||no||yes|
Please share this announcement among your (chess) friends and colleagues!
The more participate, the more fun! And maybe some are even interested to join Hive and it´s Chess Community?
See you on tomorrow and good luck to all!
Potentiall of interest to:
@aakrist @abimbola753 @agreste @alberto0607 @almightymelon @ambarvegas @amirl @anli @anomadsoul @apy @arsenal49 @b0s @behiver @bitsignal @burnoutawesome @cerati @chessbrotherspro @chesthetica @cryptoph0823 @darruiz @diegofitness92 @digitalis @ebingo @eliaschess333 @elprofe62 @eniolw @eenriquerivas @evgsk @fjcr @flaws @foxconnmars @franciscomarval @gabotask @gingerbyna @gravitcaper @heimindanger @hierro21 @hirohurl @iceblue @iobates @jaki01 @jkms @juanmi96 @kintokris @kreur @lighteye @lucianosky @maciejficek @manncpt @marcusantoniu26 @masterswatch @maverieux000 @meedo @mstafford @orlanzavala @oshiokhenhoya @pamboy27 @parung76 @pereu4ivatel @petreius @primersion @rafaelaquino @renerondon @rexplanet @rodrook @ropavejero @rosmarly @samostically @sawko @schamangerbert @soluce07 @spacetoon @the01crow @therealflaws @tony1294 @tungphong @uliseshb @vasigo @vjap55 @walner @xoflox @yazp @zacherybinx
(just let me know if you don´t want to get the mentions)