Dear chess fans,
the 2 final rounds of Season 7 start at the usual time, tomorrow 27 Aug, 19h GMT. This showdown will consist of a bullet tournament as "warm up" followed by a 7 round Swiss tournament with 4+1 time, with a 5 min. break between them. Only the strong will survive!
- 19.00: 2+1 (2 minutes per game, 1 sec. increment), 30 min arena mode, no streaks
- 19.30: 5 min. break
- 19.35: 4+1 (4 minutes per game, 1 sec. increment), 7 rounds Swiss mode
There are already app. 260 Hive in the price pool!
- For Hivers, Steemians, Blurters, users from noise.cash and all others!
- Players of all skill levels are welcome, from newbies to experts, you just need a free Lichess-account!
- Every Friday is one round
- Time mode is varying (5+0, 3+2,...), rated, berserking allowed (except in Swiss mode)
- The winner of each round gets up to 10 points, the second 9,... and the 10th 1 point. If e.g. only 8 players participate, the winner gets 8 points only, the second 7, etc. Sometimes the round is divided in 2 skill classes, then the winners get up to 7 points
- In case two players have the same number of points, the one who played less rounds is first. If that is equal too, then the average tournament performance decides.
- PAYOUT: This season goes over 8 rounds and the tournament points are summed up. All Hivechess-related post rewards are pooled and 90% go to the price pool (PP). The tournament winner will get 15 Hive bonus and the rest of the PP is divided among all players according to (1) the no. of rounds played and (2) the tournament points achieved (1 and 2 weighed equally), but only if a player has participated at least 3 times (NEW: If <2 games are played in a round it will be not counted)! So everyone has a chance to get something and the more you play the better!
- If I don´t know your Hive username, I can´t consider you in the rankings, so please let me know your Hive name in the comments or in the Lichess chat
- If you have not yet joined our team in Lichess, please do it here, so that you can participate (required for Swiss tournaments only).
Swiss Tournament Rules
There are several differences between the "normal" arena mode and the Swiss mode which needs to be considered:
|Arena tournaments||Swiss tournaments|
|Duration of the tournament||Predefined duration in minutes||Predefined max. rounds, but exact duration unknown|
|Number of games||As many as can be played in the allotted duration||Decided in advance, same for all players|
|Pairing system||Any available opponent with similar ranking||Best pairing based on points and tie breaks|
|Pairing wait time||Fast: doesn't wait for all players||Slow: waits for all players|
|Streaks & Berserk||Yes||No|
|Points||Win:2, Draw 1, doubled if on fire||Win:1, Draw: 1/2, Not paired: 1|
|Late joiners||get no points||get 1/2 point gift|
|Requirement to be in our team||no||yes|
Please share this announcement among your (chess) friends and colleagues!
The more participate, the more fun! And maybe some are even interested to join Hive and it´s Chess Community?
As a reminder, you need to participate in at least 3 rounds, if you want to be eligible for the rewards at the end of season 7.
Good luck to All!
Of potential interest to:
@aakrist @abimbola753 @alberto0607 @almightymelon @ambarvegas @amirl @anli @anomadsoul @apy @arsenal49 @behiver @bitsignal @burnoutawesome @cerati @chesthetica @cryptoph0823 @darruiz @digitalis @elprofe62 @eniolw @evgsk @flaws @foxconnmars @franciscomarval @gabotask @gingerbyna @gravitcaper @heimindanger @hierro21 @hirohurl @iceblue @iobates @jaki01 @jkms @johannesboldt @juanmi96 @kintokris @kreur @lighteye @maciejficek @manncpt @marcusantoniu26 @masterswatch @maverieux000 @meedo @mstafford @oshiokhenhoya @parung76 @pereu4ivatel @petreius @primersion @rafaelaquino @renerondon @rexplanet @rodrook @ropavejero @samostically @sawko @schamangerbert @soluce07 @spacetoon @the01crow @therealflaws @uliseshb @vasigo @vjap55 @walner @xoflox @yazp @zacherybinx
By the way, have you heard about the CHECKMATE COIN project? There will be weekly Lichess tournaments organized where you can win CHECKMATE tokens, but frankly I didn´t understand the concept yet. E.g. there seems to be a registration fee which is something I don´t like too much.
Find more about in this post from @petreius. Hopefully there will be more info about it in the future.
This is their official page: https://sites.google.com/view/checkmatecoin