Dear chess fans,
the fifth and last round of the mini season 8 is played at the usual time, tomorrow Friday 15th Oct, 19h GMT. The current standings after 4 rounds you can find here.
For the final round we take some more time for each game, but also the tournament goes over 80minutes. So be prepared and grab some extra cup of tea (or whatever works for you)!
Time Mode: 5+2 (5 minutes per game, 2 sec. increment), 80 min. arena mode, no streaks
Tournament Link: https://lichess.org/tournament/dvYukbnO
There are already app. 230 Hive in the price pool (estimate after 4 rounds)!
- For Hivers, Steemians, Blurters, noise.cashers and all others!
- Players of all skill levels are welcome, from newbies to experts, you just need a free Lichess-account!
- Every Friday is one round
- Time mode is varying (5+0, 3+2,...), rated, berserking allowed (except in Swiss mode)
- The winner of each round gets up to 10 points, the second 9,... and the 10th 1 point. Sometimes the round is divided in 2 skill classes, then the winners get up to 7 points.
- In case two players have the same number of points, the one who played less rounds is first. If that is equal too, then the average tournament performance decides.
- PAYOUT: This season goes over 5 rounds and the tournament points are summed up. All Hivechess-related post rewards are pooled and 90% go to the price pool (PP). The tournament winner will get 15 Hive bonus and the rest of the PP is divided among all players according to (1) the no. of rounds played and (2) the tournament points achieved (1 and 2 weighed equally), but only if a player has participated at least 3 times (if <3 games are played in a round it will be not counted)! So everyone has a chance to get something and the more often you participate, the better!
- If I don´t know your Hive username, I can´t consider you in the rankings, so please let me know your Hive name in the comments or in the Lichess chat!
- If you have not yet joined our team in Lichess, please do it here, so that you can participate (required for the Swiss tournaments only).
Please share this announcement among your (chess) friends and colleagues!
The more participate, the more fun! And maybe some are even interested to join Hive and it´s Chess Community?
See you tomorrow and good luck to all!
Potentiall of interest to:
@aakrist @abimbola753 @agreste @alberto0607 @almightymelon @ambarvegas @amirl @anli @anomadsoul @apy @arsenal49 @b0s @behiver @bitsignal @burnoutawesome @cerati @chessbrotherspro @chesthetica @cryptoph0823 @darruiz @diegofitness92 @digitalis @ebingo @eliaschess333 @elprofe62 @eniolw @eenriquerivas @evgsk @fjcr @flaws @foxconnmars @franciscomarval @gabotask @gingerbyna @gravitcaper @heimindanger @hierro21 @hirohurl @iceblue @iobates @jaki01 @jkms @juanmi96 @kintokris @kreur @lighteye @lucianosky @maciejficek @manncpt @marcusantoniu26 @masterswatch @maverieux000 @meedo @mstafford @orlanzavala @oshiokhenhoya @pamboy27 @parung76 @petreius @primersion @rafaelaquino @renerondon @rexplanet @rodrook @ropavejero @rosmarly @samostically @sawko @schamangerbert @soluce07 @spacetoon @the01crow @therealflaws @tony1294 @tungphong @uliseshb @vasigo @vjap55 @walner @xoflox @yazp @zacherybinx
(just let me know if you don´t want to get the mentions)
Also watch out for the Saturday tournament by @schamangerbert (not yet announced) and the CBL organized by @chessbrotherspro starts its new season this Sunday! Link to the tournament: https://lichess.org/swiss/JURo5YUf