Stories tell us that Preservation and Ruin come are forces that exist to both create our reality and rob of us it. These opposing forces have given me great joy and sorry in my life. I have to assume it has done something similar in your life.
While preservation acts to maintain stability in our cosmos, it prevents us from evolving. To preserve something means you wish to keep it in a steady state. In terms of food storage, we preserve something to keep it from decay. Something preserved cannot proceed along with its natural state. It is imprisoned in a construct not of its design to satisfy the needs of something else.
Ruin, on the other hand, acts to destroy the current state of something beyond repair. It is a vehicle of entropy, I believe, in that everything will descend into disorder over time. Nothing escapes from the effect of entropy, not the universe, our reality, or our relationships. Perhaps it can be dispelled, for a time, through one activity or another as the immortals have learned, but each of us will meet the end result.
The Frailty that Forces Foundations
Constantly pushed and pulled between the oppressive forces of Ruin and preservations creates frailty, a weakness, within each of us. The pressures of reality, life, and our activities within us sometimes bring us to our knees. Caught unawares by nature, we'd never notice the growth of our own fragility of thought and body. If we do take notice, however, perhaps we could slow it down to the point of being negligible.
I wonder, sometimes, if the gods were ever aware of their own frailty while being exposed to these forces. Perhaps if they did, we would know them much better today.
|1ST||@sofs-su||The Legend Of Paradise And Malice||140 POB|
|2ND||@alekst7||Alcohol: a Malicious Pleasure (pob-wotw)||70 POB|
|3RD||@mineopoly||Malicious Mosquitos||50 POB|
|4TH||@amberkashif||A Readily Available Potion to Make you stronger and Better||30 POB|
|5TH||@wrestlingdesires||Malice Comes In Many Forms - pob-wotw entry||10 POB|
Merit System Results
Historical POB Rewards
Malicious - Top 10 Authors (Rewards vs. Votes)
Malicious - Top 10 Authors (Rewards vs. Engagement)
|Top 10 Authors||Top 10 authors make on article rewards?||805 POB|
|All Authors||Authors participating in the contest||32|
|All Authors||Article rewards for this week's contest generate?||1819 POB|
|WOTW||Total article revenue generated||59482 POB|
|Disqualified||Number of disqualifications||2|
WOTW Team Appreciation
|@nonsowrites||Grading Assistance, User Engagement||100 POB, 500 POB|
|@amr008.pob||Automation Maintenance & Development||1000 POB (delegation from @calumam)|
This will get you disqualified
- #POB-WOTW tag abuse (using the tag on non-related contest articles)
- Using next week's word in this week's contest.
- Submitting your article after the contest deadline (no more late entries)
- Include the selected word in your article
- Include the #pob-wotw tag
- Use the proofofbrain.io front-end or proofofbrain.blog.
- This week's contest starts 19/09/21 @ 00:00 UTC
- This week's contest ends 26/09/21 @ 00:00 UTC
Due to the number of article submissions we receive, the complexity of the grading, and the data analysis that follows, we will no longer accept entries after midnight of the contest window. I sincerely apologies for the inconvenience this causes.
I decided to hold off on grading engagement. Unfortunately, it's just me and @nonsowrites grading all the entries. It's too much work to check every single author's commentary. We simply don't have that time.
However, the challenge round for this season will be two weeks long. If time allows, we will grade on engagement during that time. There will be more information that follows for the challenge.
New Users - Recommended Articles
- 3 things Newbies should do in their first week on Hive
- The Absolute Beginner's Guide to Proof of Brain
- How to post like a pro - Complete guide to Markdown formatting
- CCC/Abuse and Plagiarism
The Word for THIS Week
The word for THIS week is FRAILTY (300 POB)
The word(s) for NEXT week is(are) (Rewards - 1100 POB)
Welcome to Season 21!
- The Word of the Week for this Week is Frailty. Frailty starts the fourth round of this season.
- Next week starts a two-week challenge round. Some simple rules are guiding this challenge, but we will reveal them next week.
- The rewards for the challenge round will be double the usual weekly allotment. There is also up to a 500-POB delegation up for grabs. The delegation can be split or lowered as I see fit.
Do you like contests?
Please follow along with the authors listed below if you enjoy HIVE contests. Dates may vary, so please pay attention.
Did you miss the current contest? No problem! Just stay in tune with these authors and more. There will be more contests that follow!
Image by Gerd Altmann from Pixabay
Special thanks go to @nonsowrites.pob.
- He stuck around after Calumam went on his hiatus to help manage the WOTW contests.
- He consistently grades each article according to the bases developed by myself and Calumam.
- Every week, he can grade between 20-30 articles.
- I am granting him a 500-POB delegation for his current and future support (indefinitely).
I've given only one other person a delegation since I've been on HIVE, and that was to AMR. This is something rare for me, and it also represents a token of my trust in his work.
Thanks to the community for supporting our fellow authors. I look forward to providing more in the future. Thank you for reading and following on throughout my Hive journey.
If you like this article, please consider upvoting and following @scholaris!