A beautiful sunday to all of us here.
Repentance and remorse is a challenging issue in our world today, too much of education and intelligence has given people the wrong privilege, means and sweet words to justify their wrong doings.
No one wants to admit that he or she has done wrong and because of too much ego repentance is far away.
Humility makes a man to go on his knees and say sorry, but a man on his knees today will be seen as one with low self esteem, inferior and any negative word we can think of.
Here is a short reflection shared on our bible study group about repentance.
- Psalms 34:18 The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
- The Lord is very close to those who have a broken heart, He saves or delivers those who have a contrite or a broken heart
- God is very close to those who fall and admits it immediately but God is far from those who fall and look for scriptures to justify their evil deeds.
- Beloved, irrespective of who you are, irrespective of how old you are in the faith, maintain a contrite heart, maintain a contrite Spirit, anytime the Holy Spirit prompts your heart to ask for mercy, don't proof you are wise by bringing scriptures out
- David was a man after God's heart because of His brokenness
He was a man who does not delight in evil, and any time he makes mistakes, he does not justify himself
- Beloved, this is the word of God to us today. God is closer to those who have a contrite heart