Guess the Shutter Speed!
About the photo
A photo taken during the Italian F1 Grand Prix (not latest edition 😔) from above the pit stop lane. You only have to guess the shutter speed to win the game, but special bonus if you also manage to get the right aperture and the focal length 😉
What is Shutter Speed?
Shutter speed is the length of time the camera shutter is open, exposing light onto the camera sensor. Essentially, it’s how long your camera spends taking a photo.
A fast shutter speed is typically whatever it takes to freeze action. If you are photographing birds, that may be 1/1000th second or faster. Long shutter speeds are typically above 1 second – at which point, you will need to use a tripod to get sharp images. You would use long shutter speeds for certain types of low-light / night photography, or to capture movement intentionally.
For more information and examples see Introduction to Shutter Speed in Photography
RULES & HOW TO PLAY
- For this Metadata Monday I would like you to guess the shutter speed of the photo
- Only one guess per person, per post.
- No editing your guess - you have to commit!
- All metadata has been stripped from the pictures, so don’t bother looking for the EXIF!
- We are not required to tell you what kind of camera was used, or what time of day the photo was taken at, or whether filters were involved (this adds to the mystery and the challenge!)
- For this game you have until THURSDAY, MAY 27 13 PM CEST
- Scoring: Is done using Hive Tips on your responses.
My scoring will be:
The 1st person to guess correctly (or closest): 8 Hive
The 2nd person to guess correctly (or closest): 2 Hive
The 3rd person to guess correctly (or closest): 2 Hive
Bonus: if someone guess the Shutter Speed + Aperture / Focal Length: 12 HIVE
THIS WEEKS GAMES
To see this week's photo stars and their games go to All active official photogames
The more games you play the more opportunity to move up the leaderboard.
Not competitive? You are welcome to play games at your leisure.