I have been waiting for this coin forever. Finally!
2021 $10 American Gold Eagle Type2
The 35th Anniversary Issue of the timeless favorite!
In the obverse of the coin is Liberty as designed by Augustus Saint-Gaudens in 1907. She holds an olive branch on the left hand and a torch on the right. You are, of course, familiar with the $20 gold coin- the Double Eagle issued during the years 1907 to 1933. In 1986, the US Mint adapted Augustus Saint-Gaudens' design to grace the American Gold Eagles.
The reverse of the American Gold Eagle Type2 is new. It shows the head of the American Bald Eagle with spectacular details. I think I like this design from Jennie Norris, although it is lacking in sense and interpretation.
What do you think of the new design of the American Gold Eagle?
Fractional gold beauties!
This year, I have shown you these gold pieces:
- 2021 American Gold Eagle Type2
- 1907 Great Britain Gold Half Sovereign
- 1907 France Gold 20 Francs Rooster BU
- 1955 Mexico Cinco Pesos BU
- 1927 Swiss 20 Francs Gold Helvetia BU
- 1908 France Gold 20 Francs Rooster BU
- 1892 Austrian 20 Francs/8 Florin Gold Coin BU
- 2021 Gold PG&G BU
- 2021 American Gold Eagle, MS70 First Strike
Thank you for stopping by to view this article.
I post an article daily, and I hope to see you again soon!
Join the Ladies of Hive Community and the Ladies of Hive in discord.
Would you like to support The Ladies of Hive Community?
Consider giving a delegation!