Few things are more soothing as a warm cup of your preferred traditional drink. These beverages, whether a spiced frothy cappuccino or a calming cup of hot chocolate, have the ability to transfer us to another time and place. In this blog post, I'll discuss one of my particular favorites: "Lamugin (Hausa Beer)." This popular beverage has been consumed in Ghana for decades and is noted for its distinct ginger flavor. We'll look at the history and benefits of this beverage, as well as some methods for creating the ideal cup at home. So grab a warm blanket and a cup of tea and accompany me on a voyage into the realm of Lamugin.
Lamougine is a traditional drink made primarily of ginger and rice or millet. Some people name it ginger drink, lamugin, lamougine, or lamugine. It may be served at events or enjoyed at home with the family. Lamugine is only popular in the northern part of Ghana, however it is getting more popular in the southern section as well. In the north, it is commonly referred to as "Hausa Beer."
Health Benefits of Lamugin
Lamugin has so many health benefits. This is because the ingredients are natural ingredients that are essential in our healthy lifestyle.
- Cold and cough relief: Lamugin is commonly served with cloves in Ghana, which leads us to the following medicinal benefit: it treats colds and coughs.
- Cleans the heart: Because to the usage of millet, Lamugin provides excellent cardiac protection. Millet includes a lot of magnesium and potassium, and both of these minerals play an important role in lowering pulse.
- It relieves stomach pain: The ginger in a lamugin helps to relieve stomach-related problems such nausea, lack of appetite, movement discomfort, and pain.
How to Prepare Lamugin
Ingredients and equipments needed
- Uncooked Millet or Rice
- Vanilla Essence (optional)
- Ice Cubes (optional)
- Rinse and soak the rice or millet in water overnight to make it soft.
- Drain the water and pour the rice into a blender.
- Wash the ginger, and add to the rice/millet also into the blender
- Add a rational amount of water
- Blend until you obtain a smooth mixture.
- Filter the mixture
- Add sugar and stir
- Pour mixture into a jug or glass and refrigerate it
- Add ice cubes if you want
- Serve it cold.
Lamugin is suitable for all occasions and can be consumed by anyone including pregnant women, lactating mothers and children below the ages of 12.
I hope you try out this wonderful traditional drink in Ghana and I bet you'd love it.
I’m very happy to participate in this contest and Iook forward to more contests. Use this link to join the contest and other more contests.
Thank You for Reading