I knew the weather here today in New Hampshire was going to be rainy with a side of wet, so yesterday afternoon I took advantage of some moments of sunshine to wander around in the woods behind our house. While last time for Thursday Tree Love I shared a tree already changing color, here in our yard, which is a mere down the street, around the corner, and up the road a spell away, we have mostly green trees with hints of fall foliage.
I thought it would be cool to get some shots now, and then in a couple of weeks for the next edition of Thursday Tree Love, I can get some comparison shots, similar to what I did last year. Who knows, maybe I'll end up with a big compilation mega post at the end again too!
But before I get on with the pictures, a quick shout out to my WordPress blogging friend Parul to say thank you for hosting this awesome blog hop every couple of weeks. If you want to join in the Tree love blog hop fun, it's wicked easy - here's the description from her latest post today, called #ThursdayTreeLove – 114:
Thursday Tree love is a photo feature hosted on this blog on every 2nd and 4th Thursday of a month. The next edition will go live on September 23, 2021. If you would like to play along, post a picture of a tree on your blog, tell me where did you spot the tree and link it back to this post.
If you don’t see the pingback, please leave a link to your post in my comments section. Please make sure that your post’s link is showing up on this latest edition. I will link your posts on my blog in the next edition and spread some love. Let’s come together to appreciate the beautiful nature around us.
As for these photos, as per my usual FYI - these were taken in the woods next to my Durham, NH home with my Nikon, sometimes using my tripod. All were resized, then cleaned up a bit with PicMonkey - mostly the exposure and sharpness, but with a few other tweaks like vignette filters for the corners here and there.
Now for the photos...
Green trees with hints of fall foliage.
1. One of the first things I saw when I got a little ways into the woods was a bit of fall color on the ground...
2. ...but try as I might, I couldn't spot the tree it came from, as it was nothing but green above me.
3. But what a beautiful jewel tone green it is.
4. And brighter green still where the sun was hitting.
5. It's kind of hard to make out, but straight back behind the trees in the bottom center of these shot, you can see a bit of our place peeking out, to give you a sense of how far into the woods I was (and hopefully so I remember where I was for next time...lol).
6. Green as far as the eye can see...
7. ... although if you squint a bit, you might be able to spot a tiny bit of yellow poking out here and there.
8. Cool collection of acorn caps - too bad I didn't snag them, because it looks like I could make a killing selling these online!
9. More colorful leaves on the ground...
10. ... which inadvertently led me to another discovery - here's one of the ghost flowers that I've been searching the woods for forever! I'm pretty confident now that the group I found last time I visited the woods, which was pretty close to this area (picture #38 in that crazy big post), was actually some newly growing ones (which also go by the lovely name of Corpse Plant 😜 ), and I have a bunch of additional photos I took for another post that I'll put together soon. So stinkin' excited about finding these!
11. The prettiest leaf so far, so naturally...
12. ...I had to take a gazillion pictures of it with the sun shining behind. However, I'm just sharing my one favorite from the bunch.
13. But for all the colorful fallen leaves, there are still bunches that are growing close to the ground that are still that brilliant green.
14. Not that I'm complaining in the slightest - how could I, with views like this?
15. Another single spot of color on the ground...
16, ... and another one just starting to turn when it fell.
17. I finally spotted some bits of brown and yellow up in the trees.
18. Still more green than anything though.
19. And maybe it was all the fresh air and sunshine getting to my brain, but doesn't the leaf on the right look a bit like a regal lion's profile? Or maybe even a horse?
20. I actually almost skipped including this shot, because I goofed the exposure and the original looked very bland. A little exposure tweak later, and I'm glad I gave it a shot (pun obviously intended...😂 ).
21. Pretty soon this will be how most of the trees look.
22. But in the meantime, I'll enjoy the pretty green patterns in the leaves, like this one...
23. ... and this...
24. ...as well as this one...
25. ... with a big green finish! I really hope I can get a comparison shot of this one next time (as long as they don't change color as well as fall before I get back out there). Please keep your fingers crossed for me in two weeks!
Hope you enjoyed my photos of green trees with hints of fall foliage. Happy Thursday Tree Love everyone!
Thanks for stopping by!
My posts may occasionally contain affiliate links. If you click through,
I might get a wicked small commission, with no extra cost to you.
All words and images are mine (unless otherwise indicated),
and can also be found on my various social media sites.
Posted from my blog with Exxp : https://www.traciyork.com/green-trees-with-hints-of-fall-foliage-for-parul2411s-thursdaytreelove/