We appreciate your posts and the following ones are randomly selected because of their botanical qualities. They are manually curated on behalf of the Amazing Nature Community.
First a brief explanation about Botany:
Botany is a broad term covering scientific study of plants. It could be from a small living organism to a tree. Included would be flora, fungi, lichens, trees and flowering plants.
We are also interested in plants for their psychological (good for the mind & soul) benefits.
Through botany, medicinal properties are discovered from nature. Food, medicines, parks, forests, pollution and much more have been improved with botanical knowledge. Botanists search for alternatives from the harmful chemicals used on crops and the deforestation that has damaged the health of our planet.
Herbalism, with ancient people identifying edible, medicinal or poisonous plants, is the original of Botany. Our ancestors and Native peoples were botanists in their own right. They knew of the healing properties to be found in plants but much of that knowledge had been lost to future generations.
Now I would like to bring your attention to the curated posts and ask you to show some love to the amazing authors:
- @suzana72 delights us with the mythological story of how the sunflower was created from love lost.
- @ewkaw, with her furry assistant, shows us the results of cross pollinating the streptocarpus plant. They bloomed with each plant having a different color.
- @silviastancione warns on how the rise in temperatures will affect the worldwide wheat harvests.
- @francyrios75 has great memories around the lovely Anthurium flower. This is a flower her father grew at their home and he gave her tips on how to grow it. Anthurium is sometimes called the Flower Of Love and her mother filled the house with them for the family celebration after her wedding.
We like to see quality posts. You have a chance to be selected for OCD curation.
A special thanks to #OCD for curating and supporting the Amazing Nature Community.
To be eligible for curation:
Contents must be posted directly into the Amazing Nature Community feed or use hive-127788 as first tag if posting from Ecency.
Photographs and text must be your own or properly sourced with a nice description for each individual photo. Please state why those photos represent your Amazing Nature.
Do not post a string of pictures without text. Add some explanations between each one of them.
Entries for the Amazing Nature Contest and Thematic Challenge are separate. They will be highlighted in the competition evaluation.
Special features in Amazing Nature
- A Weekly Contest organized by @adalger, the Amazing Nature community leader
- Amazing Nature Articles curated by community moderators, @nelinoeva, @oscurity, @jlufer and @redheadpei
- News in the Field of Nature from @juanbg
- Thematic Challenge by @bucipuci
DNA is an organization to foster and DENSIFY NATURE-APPRECIATION which aims to establish REPORTS OF BIODIVERSITY DATA that is contributed by all of us Hiveans and subsequently cataloged.
DNA searches for HIGH-QUALITY posts that aim to DESCRIBE and determine the BIODIVERSITY AROUND YOU with added EXPLANATIONS and INFORMATION. For these informative posts they offer a CURATION SERVICE using the @dna.org account. It is also a CURATION TRAIL. Just add the #dna TAG if you think that any of your posts are what they are looking for.
Thanks Nature Lovers for being with us!
See you next time with more amazing posts!